About this position
DigitalNet Technology Solutions
DigitalNet is a US based multinational organization with customer base and offices across several continents. In our Lahore office, we are seeking highly accomplished software engineers to work on our customer projects and our own software applications. We are expanding and looking for more than a dozen individuals with various software development skillsets and backgrounds.
The ideal candidate(s) will focus on the implementation of e-Commerce, web, mobile and business application solutions as part of a global project team. Typically you will be paired with consultants and engineers in the USA who will work together as a team to deliver highly sophisticated and challenging solutions. This position interacts with the senior leadership and customers frequently. Superior technical communication and English language skills are required.
As a member of the Engineering team, you are expected to:
- Bring a hands-on approach in custom code development and guiding the junior staff.
- Assume complete responsibility for project development life cycle from ideation to solution architecture and development and on through to testing, launch and support.
- Plan, develop and implement a variety of features, functionality, and tools.
- Have a fundamental impact on all aspects of the assigned technical project and/or platform, including back-end development and maintenance, database architecture, and front-end layout and design.
Our ideal candidate is highly motivated, a self-starter, always learning and willing to expand his/her horizons. These positions plays a key role in developing, managing and supporting a number of key projects for our global client base.
Salary is highly competitive and based on experience.
At least 3 years of experience with two or more of the following technologies:
- LAMP Stack
- MEAN Stack
- Django, Python
- Web Services development & integration: JSON, SOAP
- Databases: MS SQL, MySQL, MongoDB, NoSQL
- Understanding of Open Source Projects like Apache OFBiz, SOLR, Odoo, Magento etc.
- Strong knowledge of Relational Databases, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Data Import / Export Utilities.
- Advance knowledge of GIT, SVN, TFS and other version control systems.
- Experience of full Software Development Life Cycle: from requirement gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
- Knowledge of Smarty Templating Framework.
- Commercial experience in Web Development / Software Development in both PHP and C# programming languages.
Following Skills Are Highly Desirable:
- Experience with 3rd party Search Technologies such as SOLR.
- Data Mining and Machine Learning Techniques.
- Working knowledge of SEO and SEM.
- Hands on experience with Odoo ERP.
- Experience of working with heavy Data-Centric Applications.
- Previous experience of working for a B2B internet company a Plus.
- Magento Developer or Developer Plus Certification.
- Understanding of Computer Vision & Object Recognition based technologies and theories.