The National Center of GIS and Space Applications (NCGSA) is introducing a 180 Seconds Space Film Festival (180SSFF) which invites space enthusiasts and visual creators from all over the world.
The concept of this festival is to involve the artistic community to explore the wonders of space exploration, According to NCGSA, the theme of the festival will be ‘Space Science, Technology and its Applications’.
Participants of this festival can look into numerous ideas and themes for their productions which includes ‘Wonders of satellites and their constellations’, ‘Peeping into the sky through telescopes’. Other ideas include Satellite Technology Applications for Agriculture, Environment, Climate, Geoscience, Surveillance, Disaster & Hazard Management, Geo forensics, Geo Health, Help and Rescue, Urban Planning, Communication, Navigation, Transportation, Meteorology, Smart Cities and Communities, etc.
The deadline for submission of the film is August 31, 2021, and the decision for the winners will be decided within the month of October. According to an official, the best film of each genre will be awarded a cash prize of 50 PKR along with a Certificate of Participation.
The award titles include Best Editing, Best Sound Design, Best Cinematography, Best Production Design, and Best Film Poster.
Moreover, it is important to be noted that:
- Entries once submitted cannot be withdrawn and submission should include a copyright declaration document that can be downloaded.
- All submissions (duly rights protected) will be through WeTransfer Link only.
- The maximum duration is 180 seconds including titles or credits and the minimum duration is 90 seconds including titles or credits.
- The submissions should be only in MP4/MPEG/MOV formats and the quality of submissions should not be less than 720p.
- The submissions will be judged based on creativity, innovation, and relevance to the theme and the results of the jury will be final and non-challengeable.
- Once the video is submitted, it will become the intellectual property of NCGSA and can be utilized in any capacity.
To sign up for the festival, click here.