How to delete 1-week old sent messages for everyone from WhatsApp?
WhatsApp, the world’s most widely used messaging app owned by Facebook is also known for slow updates. However, the recent update to the app which allows users to delete sent messages within 7 minutes for everyone was a big relief for many users. The update was very helpful for many users as it is very common to send a message with typo error in haste or harsh words in anger. The update has at least given you 7 minutes to rethink, delete your sent messages and send them again.
If you think that 7 minutes are not enough to decide that you would have deleted those messages, here’s a catch, that will help you out to resolve your worries to an extent if you are not too late. A simple trick will let you remove sent messages from the receivers end, with only one condition of the time limit that messages must not be older than 7 days. These are the simple steps which you should follow to make this trick work.
- First of all, Turn off your Wifi and Mobile Data
- Go to settings > Apps > Scroll Down to WhatsApp > Tap on it & Force Stop
- Go to the Date & Time settings
- Set the Time/Date for messages you want to delete
- The time/date must match with messages you want to delete
- Turn off network provided time option
- Reopen WhatsApp and delete the desired message by selecting ‘Delete for Everyone’
- Turn on your mobile data/wifi
- Your message will be replaced by “This message was deleted”
We have tried this trick and it has worked for us, but both sender and receiver’s WhatsApp should be updated to the most recent version 2.17.395.
It is still not clear that when WhatsApp will fix this bug, so until then we can use this trick easily.