According to a recent report by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) has registered 1,125 new companies in March 2018. The number has raised from 84,783 to 1125 compared with last year in March 2017. The massive increase in the number of new companies is the result of SECP’s efforts in registering the company quite easily such as applying online for registering your company.
SECP has introduced several reforms such as the introduction of the simplified combined process for reservation and incorporation of names, reduction of costs, the help of admission by facilitating wings through their online portal.
Companies registered in March 2018:
- 79% of the companies registered were private with limited liability.
- 19% of the companies registered as sole proprietors.
- 2% of the companies were registered as foreign companies,non-listed and non-profit association respectively.
Companies registered according to their Industry in March 2018:
- The services and trade sector took the lead with the establishment of 172 companies each,
- Construction and Information technology with 128 units,
- Tourism with 58,
- Education and Engineering each with 40,
- Food and Drinks with 36,
- Real Estate Development with 35,
- Farm Agriculture with 31,
- Healthcare with 23,
- Transport with 18,
- Car and Allied and Communication with 16 each,
- Broadcast and Telecasting with 14,
- Fuel and Energy, Mining and Quarrying, Pharmaceuticals and Textiles with each 13,
- Electricity generation with 11 and
- 135 companies were registered in other sectors.
- 5 foreign companies were also registered by the CROs in Karachi, Lahore, and Islamabad.
Companies registered according to their Cities in March 2018:
- The highest numbers of companies were registered in Islamabad were 407,
- 312 in Lahore,
- 206 in Karachi,
- 52 in Peshawar,
- 52 in Multan,
- 39 in Gilgit-Baltistan,
- 31 in Faisalabad,
- 21 in Quetta, and
- 5 in Sukkur.
Total Foreign Companies registered Overall:
Foreign investments have been reported at 59 new companies. These companies have foreign investors from the following countries:
- Saudi Arabia,
- Sri Lanka,
- the Philippines,
- the UAE,
- the UK and
- the US.
You can see the report here on the official website of SECP.