Islamabad hosts its first Tech Camp for Women Entrepreneurs
Impact Dynamics in collaboration with Daastan conducted Tech Camp for Women Entrepreneurs, a three-day accelerated boot camp powered by the US State Department, on 18th, 19th and 20th April 2019 at the National Incubation Center Islamabad. A three-day accelerated bootcamp designed especially for women-lead startups and companies, Tech Camp for Women Entrepreneurs has been conducted in Peshawar earlier this year and it was a success. Last week, it enabled 22 different businesses from the twin cities who were coached by 12 domain experts in several business and technology skills.
With a blend of business and technology: Tech Camp for Women Entrepreneurs targeted women who want to make the optimal use of business hacks and technology to streamline their business processes, giving their businesses an online transformation.
The sessions included business skills like Pitching 101, Effectively Leveraging the Startup Ecosystem, Growth Hacking for Startups; interpersonal skills like leadership factors, Manufacturing Impactful Content Strategies; and technological skills like Digital Storytelling, Strengthening Brands with Photography and Digital Tools, Visual Communication Design, Designing Communications by Using Photoshop, Social Listening and workshop on Google Cloud Essentials.
The sessions were all hands on and the participants applied the tech skills right there and then to enhance their online presence and also practiced the business and interpersonal skills in activities during the sessions.
The coaches for the camp were:
- Sidra Jaleel – Director Code for Pakistan
- Sheheryar Khan – Design Head KPIT Board
- Syed Ommer Amer – Founder and CEO Daastan
- Danish Ejaz – Digital & Outreach Lead Impact Dynamics
- Kayenat Hameed – Project Coordinator Impact Dynamics
- Sidra Amin – Co-Founder Daastan
- Maryam Arshad – Founder & Director Impact Dynamics
- Kiran Fatima – Freelancer
- Irum Zahra – Community Manager GCDC Islamabad
- Aqsa Kausar – Machine Learning Engineer Red Buffer
- Meenah Tariq – Consultant World Bank
- Sheikh Waqas – Director Marketing & Relations Media Clicks
As a conclusion of Islamabad episode of Tech Camp for Women Entrepreneurs, Impact Dynamics will be mentoring around 50 women leading businesses from both the cohorts in their Tech Camp Office Hours in special one to one mentorship.