Pakistan’s first all team girl from NUST have won Spirit of Formula Student Award
Pakistan’s first all-women ‘Team- Auj’ of National University of Science & Technology (NUST) has won the RACE TECH magazine’s Spirit of Formula Student Award held in the UK.
The team presented the car prototype in the competition and finished at 73rd position in the race car design competition. They won the Formula Award for encouraging women as they were the first-ever totally female team in the competition’s history. The competition allowed these young women to spread awareness that women can also become a part of the motor-sports industry. The team aimed to encourage women to make their mark in the male-dominated fields and never back down from implementing their creative ideas.
The team was cheered with a standing ovation and received a global fame in the award ceremony for being the first ever all-girl team in the history of Formula Student UK. The all-women team consisted of Aatrah Rauf Shaikh, Harim Akhtar, Azka Athar, Fatima Sohail, Cybil Braganza, Zoiba Noor, Wardah Jamal, Laiba Rodyna, Syeda Al Aima Zahra and Sabah Zaman. All of them have been honored with the Spirit of Formula Student Award.
“AUJ” the first all-female team to attend Formula Student was from NUST Pak & they were recognised by Race Tech magazine & presented with the Race Tech Spirit of Formula Student Award.#NUST #DefiningFutures #FS2018 #FormulaStudent
Via – Formula Student UK pic.twitter.com/yTDqhMhEsL
— NUST (@Official_NUST) July 15, 2018
The awards were distributed amongst the various teams taking part in the competition. Although the list of winners is huge, however, the most important awards in the event are given below
- Mercedes-AMG HPP Best Powertrain Installation of an Internal Combustion Engine by Università degli Studi di Roma “La Sapienza”
- Mercedes-AMG HPP Best High Voltage Powertrain Implementation by KTH – Royal Institute of Technology
- ExxonMobil Innovation Award by Edith Cowan University
- Bosch Best Engineered Brake System by Università degli Studi di Roma “La Sapienza”
- PTC Smart Car Award by University of Liverpool
- RaceCar Engineering Engagement, Outreach and Communications Award by Queen’s University Belfast
- Craig Dawson Award – Most Valuable Team Member by Maria Rubi Oxford Brookes University
- The RACE TECH Magazine Spirit of Formula Student Award by National University of Science and Technology
- Formula Student Outstanding Contribution Award by Dan Jones
- Fastest Egress by KTH – Royal Institute of Technology
- Class 1 Acceleration Winner by TU Munich
- Class 1 Skidpad Winner by TU Munich
- Class 2 Business Plan Presentation by University of Liverpool
- Class 2 Cost and Manufacturing by University of Bath
- Class 2 Engineering Design by University of Thessaly
- Class 2 Overall Winners by University of Bath