PM office just confirmed committee members of Startup Pakistan Program
The Prime Minister Youth Programme (PMYP) is going to launch ‘Startup Pakistan Program’ in the next few months. PMYP has just confirmed steering committee members of the program.
According to a notification issued by the Prime Minister’s office, Special Assistant to the PM on Youth Affairs, Muhammad Usman Dar has been appointed as the Chairman of Startup Pakistan Program. He will lead a team of 13 members including one secretary — Omar J Ghani, who is a startup funding expert.
Previously, an official familiar with the development had affirmed that the startup program will also establish Technical & Vocational Education and Training (TVET) institutes in the country to develop innovation-driven entrepreneurs (IDEs).
Other than chairman and secretary, there are 12 more members of Startup Pakistan steering committee including three women.
|1.||Javed Hassan||Chairman NAVTTC|
|2.||Dr. Shazad Alam||Chairman PCSIR|
|3.||Lt. Gen. (R) Muhammad Asghar||ED, HEC|
|4.||Muhammad Saleem Ranjha||ED, HEC|
|5.||Zeeshan Bakri||Ministry of IT & Telecom|
|6.||Ramzan Awan||JS, M/o Education|
|7.||Shahzad Gul||Tech Expert|
|8.||Hasan Syed||Global Ecosystem Expert|
|10.||Faisal Khan||CEO Peshawar 2.0|
|12.||Sadia Bashir||Founder Pixel Art Games Academy|
These would be the key responsibilities of the committee:
- Establish volunteer groups under the direction and leadership of the chairman, to help with various intellectual discussions and get wider feedback.
- To present unique ideas to solve problems of the Pakistani startup ecosystem
- Provide a quarterly report on the activities including, problems, challenges, risks, and progress in their specific area to the chairman and the executive of the program
- Serve as a communication link between the organization you belong and the program’s steering committee
- Act as advisers to the PMSP Leadership Circle