The Punjab government is taking a great initiative in their efforts to assist Pakistani students to pursue their dreams of studying at great universities. Under the banner of the Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF), merit scholarships will be awarded to PhD students who get accepted at foreign universities. The Punjab government will bear all expenses provided the university you get accepted at is in the top 50 QS subject-wise ranking.
The government is following a strict criteria in awarding these merit scholarships. Only students who fulfill the following criteria will be considered eligible.
- Student should have had greater than 60% marks throughout their academic career.
- Declared monthly family income should be equal to or less than Rs. 200,000.
- Student should not be more than 35 years old.
- Should not have availed any foreign scholarship in the past
- The PhD admission offer should be valid and the university must be among the top 50 QS subject-wise ranking.
*Existing faculty members of all public sector teaching/educational institutions are not eligible to apply.
The scholarship amount will cover the following areas:
- Tuition Fee
- Boarding and Lodging
- Travel Fare
This merit scholarship will give more preference to people with a Punjab domicile. However, a special quota has been set aside for the other provinces including FATA, Gilgit Baltistan and Azad Jammu Kashmir. 80% of the scholarships are reserved for the Science disciplines and only 20% for Social Sciences/Humanities & Arts.
It should be noted here that provided the government offers you a scholarship, you will have to accept it that year. No deferments will be accepted.
Applications are open till July 15th, 2016. You can download the application form here.