What is Pokemon Go?
Pokemon Go is a “real world adventure” game. It lets players catch Pokemons in the real world by using their phone’s GPS and camera by letting them roam around. You can then fight and upgrade your Pokemons as well.
However, Pakistani users aren’t yet able to download it because it is currently only available in US, New Zealand, and Australia. Fortunately, there is a way to play the game in Pakistan and it’s not that hard either. It is done by manually installing the game instead of through Google Play (on Android) and switching to the U.S in the App Store (for iOS).
How to install Pokemon Go in Pakistan?
- Download Pokemon Go APK on your device.
- Go to the Downloads folder using any file explorer.
- Tap on the downloaded file.
- Tap on Install.
Note: The game supports Android 4.4 KitKat and above. Also note that not all APK files are safe to install. The link given here is pasted by a trusted Android blog but still, proceed at your own risk.
You can refer to this guide if you don’t know how to install an APK file on Android.
- Open App Store and tap on Apple ID (your current email).
- Tap on Sign Out.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Language & Region near the bottom.
- Tap on Region
- Check off United States.
- Go to the Pokémon Go listing on the App Store on your iPhone or iPad. (Tap Change Store if it stays stuck on your old region and says the item isn’t available in the current store.)
- Tap on Get and then on Install.
- Tap Create New Apple ID.
- Check United States if it isn’t already checked.
- Fill out the required information.
- Tap None for billing information (Pokémon Go is free).
- Verify your email address by opening the verification email sent to you.
- Download Pokémon Go.
- Login to your new U.S. iTunes Account if you aren’t already logged in.
- Repeat the Get and Install steps if you have to.
You can refer to this guide for more help.
After it has finished the installation, tap on the app icon in the apps drawer to open Pokemon Go. You can then go on to sign-up and then create your own character. Once you are done with it, it’s time to catch some Pokemons!