The recent entrepreneurship boom in the country has brought forth many women entrepreneurs. Many strong-willed women have carved a name for themselves in the fields of Fashion, Education, and the Culinary Arts. Not only this women are also working at par with men in the fields of IT, Health & Sciences. Many of the women entrepreneurs that have come forth belong to urban localities and have had the good fortune of business connections and the right kind of exposure. However, there are several women out there who have the idea but not the exposure. To bridge this gap Women’s Entrepreneurial Center of Resources, Education, Access, and Training for Economic Empowerment (WECREATE) is organizing a startup competition for women entrepreneurs.
The first WECREATE Center is based in Islamabad and aims to provide mentorship and working spaces for Pakistani women entrepreneurs. This center is the first of its kind which not only provides a physical space but also proper nourishment to produce well-rounded entrepreneurs. Participants will get:
- Trained mentors who will assist them in business challenges such as the monthly Build-a-Business workshops.
- Educational programs on entrepreneurship, use of technology, innovation, and bootstrapping techniques.
- Access to technology and visual thinking tools
- Industry focused programming
- Networking on a local and international level
- Continual personal support for business growth throughout their business development
If you belong to any of the following categories then apply here!
- Female-led startups: The Founder or Co-founder must be a woman
- Female dominant startups: The startup/company should have female majority
- Female entrepreneur: These can be singular females who have started a business or want to start one
For more details follow their Facebook event page!