13 Startups graduate from The Nest IO incubator in Karachi
13 startups have graduated from The Nest i/o, P@SHA’s technology incubator in Karachi. This has been an eventful incubation cycle as a couple of alumni of TheNEST I/O have raised investment in the past few weeks.
Keeping the tradition alive, The Nest I/O arranged a public event with local media to present the graduating batch.
Jehan Ara, President of P@SHA and Big Bird at The Nest I/O, talked about the talented teams, all of whom have a lot of potential, have started innovative businesses and are creating jobs for other young people like themselves.
“The more businesses we incubate at The Nest i/o, the more we realize that there is no shortage of talent in Pakistan, particularly in the technology sector. This batch of teams have proven yet again that people from all sorts of backgrounds can come together to grow, learn and take their dream forward, and we are here to help them make that happen.”
The Nest i/o provides budding entrepreneurs with space, testing devices, mentoring, a specialized curriculum, access to investors and to a vast network of business people. It also provides them with an opportunity to form life-long friendships with individuals like themselves.
A project of P@SHA, The Nest I/O was set up in partnership with global partners Google for Entrepreneurs and Samsung, and with a supporting grant from the US State Department.
The graduating startup businesses in this cycle include
- Hireonic, a portal to streamline technical recruitment thus saving recruiters many man-hours,
- MandiExpress, an online marketplace for ordering fresh, organic products straight from the farm,
- Wondertree, a platform using Augmented Reality games to address the challenges of special children,
- Rateker, a social app for sharing anonymous feedback,
- RentMyCar, an online car rental marketplace,
- T7M, a content generation website,
- KheloKricket, Pakistan’s first social hub for cricket players,
- Everee, a discovery app with offline notifications,
- Inferential-S, a security authentication solution based on keystroke dynamics,
- WPJIT, a WordPress website management plugin,
- IOTechnica, a startup designing products based on the Internet of Things,
- Daakhla.pk, a portal to find admissions in top universities
- eTuitionHub, an online learning platform with teachers from around the world.