Apple has released its Best of 2016 list, highlighting the most popular applications, e-books, movies, iTunes, TV shows and podcasts.
Apple releases a list at the end of every year informing the users about the best happenings during the year. Apple Store listed the top applications of the year,
- Prisma for iPhone, a photo-editing application popular for its unique design features.
- Sketchbook Motion for iPad, an app which adds animation to your art
- Twitter for Apple TV
- MySwimPro – Personal Swim Trainer for Apple Watch
- Bear for Mac, flexible writing app for crafting notes and prose
Games of the Year include,
- Clash Royale for iPhone, a multiplayer strategic video game
- Severed for iPad, warrior game where a character fights with monsters
- Riptide GP: Renegade for Apple TV, a water racing game
- Field Day for Apple Watch, a charming farming game
- Life Is Strange for Mac, episodic adventure video game
Pokemon Go didn’t get any position but it got special recognition as “Breakout hit” of 2016. Snapchat is the most downloaded free iPhone app, while YouTube is the top free iPad app. The top 10 highest paid iPhone apps include FaceTune, Heads Up!, 7 Minute Workout Challenge, KIMOJI, Geometry Dash and Face Swap Live. Minecraft: Pocket Edition is rated the most downloaded paid iPad app.
Drake dominated Apple Music with “One Dance” as the top song and “View” as the top album of 2016. Top TV shows include Game of Thrones, Downtown Abbey and Walking Dead. Top-selling movies include: Star Wars: Force Awakens, Deadpool, The Hateful Eight and others.
A full list of winners and runner-ups is available on the App Store, iTunes and iBook Store.