Eye-Automate wins ERUPT Lahore
ERUPT Lahore, Pakistan’s biggest startup competition, concluded on 15th December at Arfa Software Technology Park. Eye-Automate claimed the top position among 200 different startups from 15 different universities.
More about the competition
ERUPT, hosted and organized by Plan9, pitched 200 startups against each other at first university level and then 12 finalists from these universities participated against each other in an event held at Arfa Software Technology Park on 15th of December. A panel of esteemed judges evaluated the ideas of all the contestants and chose Eye-Automate as the winner.
9 winners and 3 wildcard entries presented their ideas in front of audience and judges. All the teams were given 7 minutes to present their idea which was followed by a question-answer session lasting 3 minutes. Many wonderful and inspiring ideas were presented at the finale. A brief introduction of all teams is:
- Qayaam.com (LUMS)
- A different take on Airbnb for Pakistan;
- The Support Group (UMT)
- A platform to connect patients and therapeutic centers
- Stockspot (FAST)
- Stock trading made easy for students and enthusiasts
- Portable Telly Medicine (COMSATS)
- Portable kit for basic medicinal tests and diagnosis
- Journal Post (BNU)
- Interactive media platform
- Aquaintine (IBAPU)
- Automatic and convenient delivery of filtered water to consumers
- MedMe (ITU)
- Foodpanda-Esque service for medicine
- Morrell’s Data (UCP)
- Analytic and statistic service for businesses
- Track & Drop (ITU)
- an Uber-like service for pick and drop off students
- No Stains Attached (LUMS)
- PaltooPK (COMSATS)
- Pets classified for Pakistani pet enthusiasts
The winning idea
The idea which impressed the judges most was Eye-Automate from Superior University Students. Eye-Automate uses eye tracking to navigate a menu on the screen to help the handicapped in controlling things like wheelchairs, home lighting etc. The opportunities, as the team that presented Eye-Automate said, are countless. They also showed a demo of the eye tracking technology on stage. The technology was used to control the movement of a toy truck.
The winning team was presented with 1,100,000 Pakistani Rupees as seed money to get their idea off the ground. They will also get a chance to work on their idea in the biggest tech incubator in Pakistan – Plan9.