Huawei to establish its first cloud center in Pakistan, CEO meets PM Khan
Huawei has signed an MoU with Pakistan to establish its first cloud center in the country, as mentioned in the statement shared by the Ministry of Planning Pakistan.
Prime Minister Imran Khan met with the founder and CEO of the Chinese tech giant Huawei in Beijing, where the CEO Ren Zhengfei expressed his great interest in making a massive investment in Pakistan. Huawei previously established a regional service center in Pakistan, where 600 IT professionals are currently working, and now with the latest signed MoU the company is planning to establish a data center in the country as well.
Moreover, the premier met with other representatives of the leading Chinese firms including Rainbow Agritech Group, Li & Fin Corporation, Challenge Apparel, and Foton cars, who promised to make heavy investments in Pakistan.
The Prime Minister directed the chairman of Board of Investment (BoI) Haroon Sharif, who was also present during the meeting to remove any hurdles which the investors are facing and ensure that they are facilitated accordingly. Abdul Razaq Dawood, the Advisor to PM on Commerce and Industry was also present during the meetings in China.
In addition to the MoU signed with Huawei Technologies, other memoranda of understanding were also inked with various Chinese firms in diverse fields.
The following list shared by the Ministry of Planning contains the details of all the MoU’s signed with the Chinese firms;
- China Railway Construction Corporation (International) Limited and Fastrack Silverlink (Pvt) Ltd in conducting railway cargo business
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Government of Pakistan and China Overseas Port Holding Company (COPHC) Ltd under the Clean Green Pakistan movement
- MOU for setting-up the first cloud center in Pakistan for the finance and media industry in collaboration with Huawei Technologies and Airlink Communication
- Theatrical distribution agreement between M&D Films Pakistan and Fire International Media of China for release of the film ‘Parwaz Hay Junoon’ in China
- Framework investment agreement between China-Pak Energy Investment (Suzhou) Co Ltd, Sinohydro Corporation Ltd and Pakhtunkhwa Energy Development Organisation (PEDO) of KP government for Toren More Kari hydropower project (350 MW) in Chitral and Jameshill Toren More hydropower project in KP
- The joint investment agreement with Beijing Jingneng Power Co Ltd, Power China International Group Limited and Oracle Power PLC for 2×600 MW Thar Coal Based Power Project at Thar Block VI, Sindh (CPEC Project)
- Cooperation agreement of renewable energy with Power China International Group Limited and Atlas Power Limited
- The signing of a joint venture with Sansheng Group for development of Industrial Zone in Pakistan
- Mou for the establishment of Agri platform at Qingdao Cit
- Mou for Bei Da Huang Group and JW SEZ Group Pakistan
- Textile industry agreement between Shanghai Yuanyui Industry Co Ltd, China Railway 20 Co Pakistan (Private) Limited, Board of Investment of Pakistan and Pak China Investment Company Limited
- Agreement for modern agriculture comprehensive development between China Machinery Engineering Corporation (CMEC) and Government of Balochistan
- The signing of a financial agreement between HUBCO and Thalnova for development of 330 MW coal-fired power plant in Thar Block 2.
- MOU for a joint venture of K-Electric 700MW Coal Based Power Project in Partnership with CMEC
- MOU for Modern Agriculture Comprehensive Development Project with Fatima Group Co Ltd
- Agreement between China Road and Bridge Corporation (CRBC) and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Economic Zone Development and Management Company, Pakistan (KPEZDMC)
Feature Image Source: Dawn