About seven countries including Saudia Arab, UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Omar, Kenya, and Egypt have shown their interest in establishing long-term cooperation in Gwadar. This came about when the respective ambassadors of these countries attended an official ceremony where they expressed their interest regarding the development of the port city.
The ceremony was also attended by Prime Minister Imran Khan where he unveiled numerous projects which are as follows:
- Gwadar Fertiliser Plant
- Gwadar Animal Vaccine Plant
- Henan Agricultural Industrial Park
- Hengmei Lubricants Plant
- Gwadar Free Zone Phase Two
- Gwadar Expo Centre
This even included the following MoUs which were observed by the Prime Minister:
- Implementation agreement of developing a 1.2 million gallons per day (MGD) desalination plant to address the shortage of drinking water in Gwadar.
- Solar generators grant from China for southern Balochistan.
Moreover, the ceremony was also attended by Pakistan officials such as CM Balochistan Jam Kamal, Chairman Senate Sadiq Sanjrani, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi, Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry, Minister for Defence Production Zubaida Jalal, and Minister for Maritime Affairs Ali Zaidi who expressed their interest in the respective projects.