Prime Minister Imran Khan has divided his task force for Telecom and IT into three sub-task forces to accelerate and delegate the work being done to improve the ICT sector.
The task force for Telecom and IT was formed earlier this year to provide a roadmap for the development of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in Pakistan. The purpose of dividing the task force into further sub-task forces is to streamline their designated areas and fast track their performance.
The three sub-task forces and their members are:
1. IT sub-task force
The sub-task force for IT will be chaired by Syed Ahmed, Chairman of P@SHA (Pakistan Software Houses Association). Other members include:
- Syed Raza Shah, Member ministry of IT
- Veqar-ul-Islam CEO Jaffer Business (Pvt.) Ltd.
- Mir Nasir, CEO Inbox Pakistan
- Jehan Ara, President P@SHA
- Shahid Mustafa, CEO Tameer Bank
- Zouhair Khalique, Co-founder & Partner Team-up NIC
- Nadeem Malik, Ex-country manager Microsoft
- Naseer Akhtar, CEO Infotech
- Abid Zaidi, Country Manager, Microsoft Pakistan
2. Telecom sub-task force
The sub-task force for Telecom will be chaired by Pervaiz Akhtar, ex-CEO of USF and its other members are:
- Mudassar Hussain, Member ministry of IT
- Wahaj-us-Siraj, CEO Nayatel
- Abdul Aziz Khan, Chairman Apollo Telecom
3. HRD sub-task force
The sub-task force for HRD will be chaired by Dr. Shoaib, CASE/CARE and will have following members:
- Engineer Jawad Salim Qureshi, Chairman PEC
- Dr. Sarosh Hasmat Lodhi, VC NED UET Karachi
- Dr. Zartash Afzal Uzmi, Faculty Engineering and Computer Sciences, LUMS
The new sub-task forces will work under the task force of IT and telecom to fast-track development in their respective sectors. They will report to their respective chairs, who are responsible for conveying the the suggestions and reports put forward by the members to the Prime Minister and Ministry of Information and Technology.