Sony Xperia XZ Premium named “Best new Mobile Handset at MWC 2017”
Sony Xperia XZ Premium has won the award for “Best new mobile handset, tablet or device at MWC 2017” at Global Mobile Awards.
The Glomo Awards happened at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain. Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge bagged the ‘Best Smartphone 2016’ award. GSMA has named the latest Sony smartphone, Xperia XZ Premium, “Best new mobile handset” in the category of “Best Mobile Handsets & Devices”. This device features a 4K High Dynamic Range display and a camera that can shoot video over 960 frames per second. Hiroki Totoki, President and CEO at Sony Mobile Communications, said,
“Xperia XZ Premium is our most technologically capable smartphone ever. We’re honoured by this recognition – Xperia XZ Premium has received endorsement from operator partners, media, consumers and industry peers alike, which is testament to our relentless pursuit of innovation, to deliver great products and experiences for consumers. The Glomo Awards truly showcase those companies and individuals that are driving innovation in the rapidly evolving mobile industry. We thank all of our entrants, judges, sponsors and partners for supporting the 2017 Glomo Awards.”
The smartphone was selected on the criteria of physical design, innovation, performance, price point, perceived value of money, and functionality. Last year, LG G5 won this award in the category of best handsets & devices.
- 5.5″ 4K HDR Display, Triluminous display for mobile
- Dimensions: 6.1″ x 3.0″ x 0.3″
- Water-resistant (IP65/68)^2, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on front and back
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB (Single SIM)/64GB (Dual SIM) UFS internal memory, microSDXC support (up to 256GB)
- Google Android 7.1 (Nougat)
- 3230mAh, Smart Stamina, Qnovo Adaptive Charging
- 19MP Motion Eye camera (1/2.3″ Exmor RS, f/2.0); SteadyShot, Anti-distortion shutter, predictive capture
- 13MP Selfie Camera (1/3.06″ Exmor RS, f/2.0)
- Colors: Luminous Chrome & Deepsea Black
- Fingerprint sensor
- Accessories: Style Cover Stand SCSG10, Quick Charger UCH12W, Charging Dock DK60, Hi-res headset MDR-NC750, Bluetooth Headset with Speaker SBH56
- Sim Variants: Single SIM, Dual SIM, Nano SIM
Xperia XZ Premium will roll out globally from late Spring 2017.