The TechHub Connect’s free freelancing training opens for applications
The TechHub Connect’s series on freelancing training “Foreelancing Workshops” is currently inviting applications for its third cycle. Anyone interested in monetizing their skills through freelancing is eligible to apply.
Aimed at imparting the basic freelancing training to the people, TechHub Connect runs Foreelancing Workshops. Two sessions of the said program have already been completed with massive success. Although, the previous workshops focused on providing the technical skills, this year the scope of the program has further been expanded to include the necessary soft skills as well.
“Pakistan is the 3rd largest provider of freelancers in the world with freelancing contributing to one-third of Pakistan’s software exports.” said Dr. Umar Saif, the Chairman PITB, “ we are going to train people in 40 centers across 36 districts, empowering them to contribute positively towards Pakistan’s economy”.
The said session of the program will run for 10 weeks beginning from the 3rd October 2016. The free of cost training will be provided to the short-listed candidates through workshops conducted at 40 dedicated centers in 36 different districts.
Following are the dates and application forms for each module:
- Soft-skills (3rd – 21st October): This 3 week long compulsory workshop will allow participants to learn about different avenues for freelancing. The workshop will also cover basic communication, project management, branding and marketing skills. This workshop will be mandatory for all Foreelancing students. For application, visit this link.
- Graphic Designing (24th – 28th October): In this one week long workshop, trainers will be sharing principles of design, logo design, stationery design etc. Make sure you have some know-how of design software’s like Adobe Photoshop & illustrator. If you are into digital designs then you must apply for this! The application can be made from here.
- IOS Development (31st October – 4th November): This one week workshop has been designed to train skilled iOS developers how to freelance in this particular domain. The projects one gets are pretty complex and there’s an art behind closing these hence, prior experience of atleast 6 months will be required if you want to apply for this! Apply from here.
- Web Development (7th November – 18th November): This 2 week workshop mainly revolves around introducing the basics of web development in Ruby on rails & PHP. This workshop requires a technical background as a prerequisite. To apply, fill out the form available here.
- Social Media Marketing (21st – 25th November): Workshop designed to teach participants how they can freelance in Social media marketing. How to take companies on board and monetize by helping run their social media pages. Apply here.
- Android Development (28th November – 2nd December): This workshop is designed for teaching the basics of android development and how to monetize from it. The application can be made from here.
- Game and 3D Unity Development (5th – 9th December): This workshop is an excellent opportunity for people who want to learn how to make games! Apply for this training from here.
- Project Management (12th – 16th December): Last but not the least, this workshop will teach freelancers how to, negotiate with clients, document their product, and maintain quality of their service. Apply from here.
Candidates can apply for one or more workshops before the prescribed deadline. The candidates can chose to take part in the soft skills alone but every other training will be accompanied by the complimentary soft skills training. The deadline to apply is the 26th of September, 2016. After the receipt of the application, a merit list will be compiled for each module against its respective selection criteria. The candidates, therefore, are encouraged to apply only for those modules for which they possess the prerequisite skill set.
The PITB’s TechHub Connect is the first and only Pakistani public sector co-working space for freelancers. The co-working space runs the free-of-cost training sessions for the welfare of general public. The top-rated freelancers from the TechHub Connect join the training sessions on voluntary basis to provide best possible guidance to the trainees. The first two cycles of the program have successfully been conducted. Of more than 60 people which graduated from these workshops, 80% are actively pursuing freelancing as a full-time or part-time career choice now.