Two days left to apply for HEC undergraduate scholarship for Sri Lanka
Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan has collaborated with Sri Lankan Ministry of Higher Education and Highways to offer the Government of Sri Lanka Presidential Scholarship Program for the undergraduate session of 2017 – 2018. Qualified students will be able to join the academic year commencing from September 2018.
This collaboration is a government to government scholarship program, therefore, candidates can only apply through HEC as a government nominating agency. Due to a limited number of seats in some fields, candidates can ask for more than one course for securing multiple chances to win a scholarship. However, candidates should be compatible with the entry requirements of the course applied to.
Benefits offered by the scholarship
The benefits of the scholarship cover complete tuition fees, university registration, and visa fee. Airfare will also be reimbursed if the candidate uses an economy class to arrive and depart Sri Lanka after successful completion of studies. Moreover, free medical services will also be provided at public hospitals with some terms and conditions applied. The candidate will also be offered a one-off settlement allowance of LKR 10,000 and a monthly living allowance of LKR 30,000 during the study period to cover the expenditure of food and accommodation.
- Be a Pakistani or Azad Jammu & Kashmir national. Having dual citizenship of Pakistan & Sri Lanka will result in disqualification.
- Candidates should have scored minimum 70 percent or above in F.Sc. or A-Level and SSC or O-Level.
- Candidates should be 18-22 years of age on the closing date of the application.
- To provide evidence of proficiency in English, candidates are required to have a minimum score of 525 in TOEFL 6.0 band score for IELTS.
- Qualified candidates are to submit a health certificate issued by a government hospital.
Interested candidates can view the document requirements here and apply for the scholarship, no later than April 8th. Students hailing from under-developed regions of Pakistan can also apply for HEC’s fee reimbursement program that covers universities of 144 regions of Pakistan. Moreover, unemployed youth can also become a part of HEC’s skill-based training program.