The Nest I/O concluded its seventh incubation cycle with their Demo Day event, where graduating and alumni startups pitched their solutions and products to local and international investors. The graduating startups from the latest cohort are disrupting diverse sectors such as education, e-commerce retail, the blockchain, wedding industry and various others. Moreover, 50% of these startups are being spearheaded by female entrepreneurs.
A total of 25 startups, which included the graduating batch and some alumni, pitched to a panel of investors and corporates. Some of the key investors present at the event included representatives from Fatima Ventures, Elahi Group of Companies, and Bakery. With the seventh cohort graduating from the incubator, The Nest I/O has now trained over 139 startups in just three years. Speaking at the event, Raza Matin, Business and Marketing Consultant for Google in Pakistan said,
“The Nest I/O has and continues to play a vital role in the development of the startup ecosystem in Pakistan by continuously bringing together fantastic entrepreneurs, seasoned mentors, and strategic investors to catalyze the growth of startups. We at Google, and I personally, am very proud to be associated with what is largely one of the beachheads of technology entrepreneurship in Pakistan.”
While still in the initial phase of launching their entrepreneurial journey, some of the startups in the recent batch have already shown progress in terms of traction and revenue, such as WeMakers, an EdTech startup focusing on the area of STEM education, 3D-printing and Robotics, that has been featured on BBC; and Paiman, a health and beauty startup that has generated revenue of PKR 45,000 within one week of its product launch.
The graduating startups of the seventh batch include:
- Concrete to Abstract designs teaching aids and math manipulatives that promote the concept-driven pedagogical philosophy of teaching math.
- Tadrees is a social startup focusing on making quality education accessible to the underprivileged children of Pakistan.
- ReliveNow is an online platform that provides a mobile connection between psychologists and people looking for counselling and therapy.
- Blueacon is product that helps businesses in conducting proximity marketing and informational campaigns.
- Dreamnode Studios is gaming studio that provides a seamless and entertaining mobile gaming experience to a global audience of casual and competitive gamers.
- Just Because is introducing the concept of a gift registry. Through their website, users can curate the set of gifts that they wish to receive from their loved ones on their special occasions.
- FeroxVR has built a solution that aims to alleviate the suffering of patients diagnosed with phobia disorders with the help of a Kinect motion sensor, VR gear, and a smartphone.
- Iorena is a VR app where the user can visualize a real estate property (before actual construction takes place) with real-time exploration and interaction.
- Sehatmand Mustaqbil is working on telemedicine facilitation units in the rural and underserved communities. The facilitation units will be using ICT enabled to provide medical consultation by connecting doctors with patients.
- Paiman is a web platform that connects the people who work in the hand-pressed oil and herbs market to the people who are looking to purchase such artisanal organic products.
- WeeMakers is an education startup that inculcates knowledge of 3D Printing, robotics, and technology among young kids.
- Blockshift Technologies’ product EdCerts allows academic institutions to store their academic records in our blockchain. The result is painless, automated online storage and verification of academic records using blockchain technology.
- Power Rider is an app based transport and delivery service that provides a smart solution to your pick-and-drop and delivery needs.
- Tilism Technologies’ product TelloTalk is Pakistan’s own robust and feature-rich communications platform created for scalable Peer-to-Peer and Business-to-Customers interactions.
- XCelliti’s product, Authentik is a product verification solution. Their technology allows the customers to verify the authenticity of a product using their smartphone.
- Enent is a solution for decreasing energy loss by deploying a hardware-level implementation of an IOT in the power devices.
- JeevaySehat is telemedicine platform that connects patients to doctors via audio and video consultations through a secure connection.
- Go Mobishop is a platform that enables retail businesses of all sizes to launch native mobile apps in a matter of hours, without having to worry about investment or app developers.
- DESK is working in the EdTech space to provide a unified platform of video content, digital assessments and online reading material to various educational institutions.