Android 9.0 a.k.a Android P doesn’t seem to have a name until now, Google has kept it a secret. Keeping the tradition of Android OS names, this version will also be named after a sweet.
Though we are talking about Android 9, Android platform is heavily fragmented and sadly only 1% of the Android smartphones have yet received Android Oreo 8.0. For early adopters, right now Android P is in the development stage and the developer version is available if you want to manually download it.
Android P will probably be released in the third quarter of 2018. Google will announce the Beta program in the near future so that they would monitor it before releasing it worldwide. According to the reports the announcement will be made in May 2018 at Google I/O.
Here are the 7 features that are expected in upcoming Android P.
- Android P will accommodate new Android smartphones with ‘notches’.
- Android will have a Native Call recording.
- Android P will have a better security compared to the older version Android Oreo 8.0.
- Android P is said to feature the new coat of colors to play with.
- It will also feature an updated Notification bar with options to edit the notifications you see.
- There will be new sets screenshot tools for android lovers.
- Android P will also allow you to disable the fingerprint sensor, which is one of the biggest features of Android P.
TechJuice will keep you updated with the latest news regarding Android P as new features are announced by Google. Are you excited to get the new Android P on your smartphone? Can you guess the name of Android P? Do let us know in the comments section.