9 things you did not know you could do with your earpods
Did you know that Apple’s earpods not only control music but calls and camera too? The earpods can be used efficiently with these tricks that are predominantly supported by the iOS itself.
- To play or pause a song, click the center button once.
- To skip to the next song or video, click the center button twice in a quick motion.
- To go to the previous song or video, click the center button thrice, quickly!
- To fast forward, click the center button twice and hold.
- To rewind, click the center button thrice and hold.
- To take a photo and turn your earpods into a selfie stick, open the camera app and place it at a distance you want. The use either of the volume control buttons to click a shot.
- To answer or end a call, press the center button once.
- To decline a call, hold the center button for two seconds and let go. Make sure you hear a low beep that indicates you have declined the incoming call.
- To activate Siri, connect to the internet then press and hold the center button.
The earpods can also be connected with Mac to control QuickTime player and iTunes. When connected to iPod they can also be used for voice over by pressing the center button that tells the name and artist of the song. When pressed and held for a while, the iPod will announce all the playlists. To select the one you want to hear, press the center better.
Apple is being appreciated for the new earpods. Coming at a price of 29$, they have garnered good reviews terming them a good investment. They are also compatible with Android and Windows smartphones, however in some cases the volume controls might not work.