A smartphone exploded in Lahore causing serious injuries to a man

By Faisal Saeed on
April 1, 2019
  -   Like us now!  
 

Forty-year-old Harris from Lahore sustained serious burnt injuries when his phone exploded while charging. Harris put his phone on charge and kept it under his pillow. The phone exploded in the night when he was sleeping and the whole bed caught fire which later spread in the room.

Harris was taken to the Jinnah Hospital Lahore for treatment, where the doctors on duty said that 20 percent of his body has been burnt.

The Executive Director of the Jinnah Burn Centre, Muazzam Nazir Tarrar said, “The bed caught fire first and then it spread everywhere”.

The Director said that Harris was experiencing difficulty while breathing when he was brought in. He further stated, “We kept him in the ICU till his condition improved”. The Doctor said that he may even need plastic surgery due to severe burn marks on his face, back and other parts of his body.

Prof Tarrar said that Harris is out of the danger now, but he advised people to not charge their mobile phones at night.

At this moment, we are not certain that the smartphone belonged to which brand. However, such mobile phone explosion cases are not new and people should take extra care of their devices while charging to keep themselves and their family members out of danger.

 
Punjab govt. to develop Solar Power solutions in areas with no transmission lines
 
 
 
These two women are battling the gender biased technology industry by teaching coding to young girls