Since all the institutions under the new Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf government are turning towards digitalization, National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) has also launched the online registration facility for ID cards.
Now people will not have to travel to the NADRA office and stand there for the whole day in long queues. The new initiative from NADRA will let people register themselves in the country’s database from the comfort of their homes.
You just need a Laptop/Mobile and an internet connection, after following a few easy steps you will get yourself registered.
Here is the procedure to register for ID Cards:
- Click here to open the NADRA’s website.
- After clicking on the link you will see a login page.
- Create an account if you do not have it already.
- In the registration form, you would need to put an email address and your mobile number along with other details.
- You will receive a verification pin on your mobile number and email.
- After signing up, you will end-up to the page where you will get to know that, you can use this service in multiple scenarios, for example, if you have lost your ID card, or you want to modify it, or you want to cancel it and for many other.
- After choosing the relevant option, you get to start filling the form,
- Fill the form and upload your photo, and then get a print out for attestation from grade 17 officer.
- Upload the attested form online. In a very few days, you will be contacted by a NADRA officer.
The fee of online registration for an Identity card is PKR 560 for normal card and PKR 750 for the smart card.