To root your Galaxy S I9000 all you need is a data cable to connect it to a computer. Computer should be connected to internet as well.
- Enable USB debugging on your device. Go to
Applications -> Development- > USB debugging
- Battery must be charged more than 70%. In case of battery failure you may end up bricking your device.
- Turn off antivirus and firewall softwares on computer and your device.
- Download Value Pack XXJW4 Rooting Package and extract into a folder.
- Find Odin in the extracted folder (folder extracted in step 1)
- Reboot your device into download mode. Do this by pressing;
Volume Down Key, Center Key and the Power Key simultaneously
- Connect device to computer and let Odin find the firmware version of your device.
- If the status bar turns yellow, you are ready to root your device.
- Ensure than drivers for your device are installed on your PC
- If not, than download them from Samsung’s website.
- Enable KIES option. Do this by;
Settings -> Wireless & Network- > USB Settings
- Choose PDA button in the Odin software and select XXJW4_Root_AA file from the extracted directory (extracted directory created in step 1)
- Now click the start button and wait for few second until Odin roots your device.
- After the rooting process in finished, first disconnect than reconnect your device with computer.
- Find RUNME application from the extracted folder and run it. After it finishes reboot your device. Congrats your device is rooted.