Sense 5 EX by Hpsgill – HTC Explorer
Sense 5 EX by Hpsgill
In my opinion this Sense 5 EX by Hpsgill is the best-looking sense Rom available for HTC explorer. I am currently using this rom and I can say with surety that I am completely satisfied with it and hands down this is the best ROM I have ever used. Sense 5 EX is actually themed sense 4 designed to look and feel like sense 5. If you are bored by the looks of your phone then you should try this. It’s based on Sense 4a by Derefas. So all the credit goes to Hpsgill and Derefas. Sense 5 EX features an amazing experience of Android 4.0.3 and amazing sense 4 with sense 5 features.
Please charge your Phone to 60% at least and get back to this tutorial. 🙂
Root your phone
Root your phone If you already haven’t done that. You can follow our tutorial on rooting Htc Explorer http://bit.ly/13CPgd4 . It’s a simple procedure we are sure you can do it! If you have any questions, Please feel free to leave in the comments section below. 🙂
If you already have a rooted phone then you can skip this step but I recommend to flash the twrp recovery mode.
Make a Sd-ext Partition
The basic problem in the HTC Explorer is the low internal memory – when I got the phone I was very annoyed with it. It is recommended that you at least have a 4GB memory card on your phone. Please keep in mind that a sd-ext partition is necessary for every Sense 4a rom.
Benefits of Sd-ext Partition: As I mentioned earlier that low internal memory annoy users. The sd-ext partition is a type of partition, which can be used instead of the internal memory of your phone. So It means that all of your system files will be sent to your sd-ext partition not only that but all the apps which you install in the phone will also be transferred automatically to the sd-ext partition.
So that solves your internal memory problem. There are many different ways of making a sd-ext partition but we have made the process very simple for you. Just follow the below given steps properly.
- Copy all of your sd card data to your computer for a while. You have to do this because your sd card will be formatted.
- Go into the recovery mode (we are using twrp recovery mode. It is recommended to use that).
- In the twrp recovery press the “Advanced” button. Then press Partition Sd-card. At least 1GB partition is required. So set the EXT size to 1024 or higher if you want more memory in your SD-EXT partition. Set swap size to 0 and swipe the button to partition your sd card.
- After your phone finishes the partitioning process press the home button of your phone and press mount. From there press Mount USB Storage then connect your phone to your PC. You will get your memory card their transfer the backup of your card. If you don’t want to do that you can just boot your phone and transfer your files, as you usually prefer.
- Done you have successfully created a SD-ext partition. If you are not using the sense 4a roms it doesn’t mean that the sd-ext partition is no use to you. It’s still very useful because you can use it as your internal memory on almost every rom. If you are using a rom which doesn’t already supports a sd-ext partition then you can install the app “Mounts to sd” from Play Store and it will transfer all of your apps to the sd-ext partition.
Installing the ROM
Things get pretty simple from here. Just download the Rom file from here http://bit.ly/Z3FSzw and transfer it to the sd card.
In the recovery mode wipe everything except external memory do factory reset in the end. After this flash the rom (press install select file).
Done! 🙂 Now just reboot your phone. The phone will take at least 10 minutes to boot so don’t panic just keep looking at the beautiful boot screen. After booting set up your phone and install your favorite apps.
It is possible that you face random reboots or lags. If you are getting those then all you have to do is flash this additional patch created by shekhutanwar
Written: Talha Masood (Creative: Fatima Rizwan)