Samsung has unveiled the flagship of the Note lineup, Galaxy Note 8, in their Unpacked event in New York. There were a lot of people present at the event whereas it was also broadcast through YouTube where more than 500,000 folks joined in for the announcement.
The event was kicked off with a presentation showing the reactions of users who bought the Note products over the years. From the original Note to the exploding Note 7, social media interactions of fans were highlighted when they first bought their phablets. Samsung also apologized to users regarding the last year scandal and expressed their gratitude to Note fans for still trusting them.
After that, Samsung’s President of Mobile Communications DJ Koh took to stage to make the official announcement of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8. The official specifications of the phone are as follows:
- CPU: Octa-core (2.35GHz Quad + 1.9GHz Quad), 64-bit, 10nm processor or Octa-core (2.3GHz Quad + 1.7GHz Quad), 64-bit, 10nm processor
- RAM: 6GB LPDDR4
- Storage variants: 64/128/256GB
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Screen Size and Display: 6.3 inches Quad HD+ Super AMOLED (2960 x 1440) 521 ppi [Infinity Display] – 18.5
- Front Camera: 8MP Auto focus
- Rear Cameras – 12MP auto focus Telephoto camera with dual pixel 12MP wide angle camera with 2 times optical zoom.
- Battery: 3300mAh with fast charging and wireless capabilities.
- Iris Sensor and Fingerprint Sensors
- Bixby Assistant pre-installed with dedicated key
- Price: Rs. 110,000 or $1100
Additionally, Samsung has also announced App Pair which allows you to launch two apps at the same time side by side for seamless multi-tasking. They demonstrated this by launching the Google Maps app with Music to make your road trips more fun.
You can watch the introduction video below:
Check out Samsung’s website for more info regarding the Galaxy Note 8.