Federal Minister for Religious Affairs Sardar Muhammad Yousaf on Tuesday launched the Hajj 2027 digital system and the Hajj App, allowing pilgrims to submit Hajj applications online for the first time. More than 400,000 people have already completed registration for Haj 2027.
A total of 107,526 seats have been allocated for the Government Hajj Scheme for Haj 2027.
Under the new digital system, pilgrims will be able to complete their applications and pay the first instalment online from home, removing the need for repeated office visits during the initial stages of the process. Selection of pilgrims will be made on a first-come, first-served basis.
Ahead of the launch, Yousaf called on Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif at the PM House and briefed him on preparations for Hajj 2027. The prime minister directed that all arrangements for the upcoming Hajj be completed in a timely manner and stressed that the best possible facilities be provided to pilgrims.
Speaking at the inaugural ceremony, Yousaf said the end-to-end digitalisation of the Hajj system had been initiated under the special instructions of the prime minister. He said the objective of the digital overhaul was to provide intending pilgrims with maximum convenience, transparency and ease throughout the application process.
The minister added that the new system would make the process simpler and more transparent for pilgrims while helping the government manage Hajj arrangements more efficiently.
The launch of the digital system and app forms part of wider government efforts to modernise Hajj application and management through technology.
