How to clear WhatsApp cache when your phone’s memory is low
The Facebook-owned social media messaging platform, WhatsApp has become one of the most popular mobile application when it comes to sharing images and videos with friends and family. With WhatsApp, you can send countless images, videos, voice recordings, GIFs, stickers, location, documents and more to your friends with a mere tap on the phone. These files often end up taking a lot of space on our smartphones. And if you use the Facebook-owned social messaging app frequently and are actively involved in a number of groups, it can also lead to WhatsApp media files and documents increasingly filling up your phone memory.
There are several things you can do when you are running low on phone memory. WhatsApp offers you an easy technique using which you can delete media files and messages from not just the app’s memory but also from the phone memory. This can help you free a lot of space on your smartphone, particularly, if you are running low on phone memory.
But here is a catch. This trick only works in case of Android smartphones and it won’t work if you are using an iPhone. So, while you can free app space and iCloud space, you will have to manually delete the videos and messages from the Photos app of your iPhone, if you want to free your iPhone memory.
How to clear WhatsApp media cache
If you own an Android phone, here are steps you need to follow to clear WhatsApp media cache:
- Tap on three dots on the top right corner of the app.
- Tap on the Settings option.
- Now tap on Storage Usage option.
- Now you will see all your WhatsApp contacts in the order of the memory that they consume on your smartphone.
- Tap on contact then tap on Free Up Space option.
- Now you will see a breakdown of files that you have shared with that contact along with the space that the contact is consuming.
- Select the data like images, videos and voice messages that you want to delete.
- Tap on Delete Items option.
- Tap on Clear Messages to confirm.
The videos and messages will automatically be deleted from the gallery.
Meanwhile, to make its app more interesting, WhatsApp is continuously introducing new updates. Recently, the company was said to be developing a new multi-platform system through which users will be able to access their account on more than one device.