Huawei set to ship more than 200 million smartphones in 2018
According to business results posted for the second quarter of the fiscal year 2018, Huawei has shipped more than 95 million smartphones in Q2. If this rate of sales continues for the rest of the fiscal year, Huawei is all set to ship more than 200 million smartphones for the year 2018.
The business results for the first half of 2018 were announced by Huawei Consumer Business Group (CBG). The company reported solid growth, with global smartphone shipments at 95+ million units*. According to IDC, Huawei rises to become the world’s second largest smartphone manufacturer in Q2 with the global market share of 15.8%.
Richard Yu, CEO, Huawei Consumer Business Group said:
“The past six months have been incredible for Huawei CBG, marked by robust growth of our business across all markets and product lines. Our success is owed to our commitment to innovation and, most importantly, our customers. Moving forward, Huawei will remain focused on continually improving our offerings with an emphasis on on-device AI, cloud and the wider Huawei ecosystem.”
Some highlights from the business reports are:
- The global shipments of the HUAWEI P20 Series surpassed 9 million units;
- Huawei Mate 10 series sold over 10 million units.
- Total shipments of the Nova Series increased by 60 percent year-over-year to more than 50 million devices.
- Huawei wearables achieved a 147 percent increase year-over-year;
- Retail business has grown and now Huawei operates over 53,000 Huawei stores and 3,500 Huawei Experience Stores globally. The company plans to bolster its retail network by adding another 10,000 retail stores and 700 Experience Stores around the world before the end of 2018.
Buy the best tech gadgets under 1000 PKR. Check now