Punjab Government announces 25,000 paid internships for 2015
The Punjab government has launched Punjab Youth Internship Program (PYIP) initiative for 2015, the main aim of which will be to equip the unemployed youth with a productive skill set that will open better employment opportunities for them in the future.
The program is specially designed to assist recent graduates facing unemployment. The main aim of the program will be to help the youth obtain basic training to enhance their skills, which will facilitate them in obtaining a secure job. It will assist the interns to get hands-on experience and enable them to apply the theoretical knowledge they acquired in their universities.
PYIP will benefit 25,000 fresh graduates. They will also receive a monthly stipend of Rs. 15,000 for the duration of this internship – which will be 6 months. Applicants can choose a relevant internship position based on their academic qualifications and interest area, from the available options.
PYIP is open to all unemployed persons who fulfill the following criteria:
- Should be between 18 to 30 years old
- Must have completed 16 years of education or should be a Technical/Vocational Diploma holder, Sub-Engineer, Health Technician, Paramedic, Agriculture & Livestock Technician
- Must have HEC/Technical Boards recognized Degree/Diploma attained from a local, foreign, government or private institute
- Must have domicile of the Punjab province
- Must have a valid CNIC or Form B
- Must have passed out in the year 2012 or onwards
To apply head over to the PYIP website.