UNDP & Accountability Lab are accepting applications for Pakistan SDG 16 Innovation Challenge
The United Nations Development Program (UNDP) along with Government of Pakistan and the Accountability Lab is inviting applications for Pakistan Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 16 Innovation Challenge. Launched through the Young Peace and Development Corps (YPDC), the challenge is a month-long competition, where young Pakistanis can submit innovative ideas to creatively solve some of the prevailing issues like peace, justice, and accountability.
The 16th SDG revolves around developing peace, justice, and strong institutions. The Innovation Challenge is for every young Pakistani who wants to use technology, media and arts to make government institutions more transparent, play a role in building peace and improve the participation of women in elections. Can you think big and develop solutions that are inclusive and sustainable? Here are the questions the Innovation Challenge is seeking an answer to:
- How can young people fight corruption?
- How can we help people report violence?
- In FATA, how can we support the voices of women?
- How can we increase women’s participation in elections?
- How can we make sure government policies include young people?
- How can we make sure everyone is included in conversations about the future of Pakistan?
- How can we make sure the most vulnerable people in Pakistan are included in the process of development?
After the screening process, 20 finalists will be selected across the country for a two-day workshop in Islamabad to further develop and pitch their ideas. The ideas that emerge as winners will be provided ongoing support by UNDP and Accountability Lab Pakistan.
How to apply?
Anyone under the age of 35 can submit their ideas through Accountability Lab. You can take any of the following approaches to submit your idea:
- Apply by filling this application form
- Record a 2-minute video answering the same questions in the application form. Post it on Facebook or Twitter, tagging UNDP Pakistan and Accountability Lab with the hashtag #SDG16innovation.
Applications are being accepted until June 22nd.
Image Source: DAWN