Xiaomi to launch mid-range Mi Max 2 with 6.44-inch display next week
Xiaomi is planning to launch a mid-range phablet, Mi Max 2, alongside its flagships Mi6 and Mi6 Plus in Beijing on April 19th.
Mi Max 2 was initially slated for May launch by rumor mill but it’s reported that Chinese smartphone maker is gearing up for an early launch.
Following are the expected specifications of Mi Max 2:
- The Mi Max 2 is said to arrive in two variants based on the CPU used in them. One variant is likely to feature Snapdragon 625 SoC while the other one is likely to be powered by a Snapdragon 660 SoC.
- The phablet, Mi Max 2, is said to feature a 6.44-inch FHD 1080p display with corning Gorilla Glass 4 protector.
- It is claimed to include 4GB/6GB of RAM, 64GB/128GB storage space.
- 12MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture and a 5MP selfie camera. The battery of the Mi Max 2 is expected to be a 5000mAh Li-ion which will have the ability to last for two days under moderate usage.
- The phone will come in three color options: Gray, Silver, and Gold.
- Android Nougat 7.1.1
- Sensors include Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 is said to be priced at $217 or 1499 yuan (approx. Rs. 22,800) for the Snapdragon 625 SoC model and $246 or 1699 yuan (approx. Rs. 25,900) for the Snapdragon 660-based model.
We will inform you when there is an official confirmation about the launch, pricing and availability of Mi Max 2 from Xiaomi. In the meanwhile, you can check out its specifications set here.