Apple bans cryptocurrency mining on its devices
Apple has now banned the mining of cryptocurrency on all Apple devices. The reason is simple and straightforward: too much battery drainage and a policy was hence, violated.
“Apps should not rapidly drain the battery, generate excessive heat, or put unnecessary strain on device resources.”
Apple banned Calender 2 back in March (when it started mining cryptocurrency on an exchange of premium features) due to the heavy load on the user’s devices. Apple has recently launched a new set of policies concerning cryptocurrency and their mining on Apple devices:
- Wallets: Apps may facilitate virtual currency storage, provided they are offered by developers enrolled as an organization.
- Mining: Apps may not mine for cryptocurrencies unless the processing is performed off-device (e.g. cloud-based mining).
- Exchanges: Apps may facilitate transactions or transmissions of cryptocurrency on an approved exchange, provided they are offered by the exchange itself.
- Initial Coin Offerings: Apps facilitating Initial Coin Offerings (“ICOs”), cryptocurrency futures trading, and other crypto-securities or quasi-securities trading must come from established banks, securities firms, futures commission merchants (“FCM”), or other approved financial institutions and must comply with all applicable law.
- Cryptocurrency apps may not offer currency for completing tasks, such as downloading other apps, encouraging other users to download, posting to social networks, etc.
It has now become almost impossible to mine cryptos on Apple platform. It would only be theft if users find alternatives to mine bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Not only that but Apple isn’t the best platform to mine cryptocurrencies anyway due to insufficient “raw computing power per dollar”.
BUY & SELL BITCOINSAD
|LocalBitcoins.com is a peer-to-peer bitcoin exchange, a site where you can list your own bitcoins for sale or buy bitcoins directly from other users.||Buy Bitcoins|
|Coinmama lets you buy bitcoins with your credit card or cash.||Buy Bitcoins||With Binance, you can buy and sell Bitcoins and altcoins easily. Get into Cryptocurrency trading on this exchange.||Buy Altcoins|
|Coinbase is the easiest place to buy, use, and accept bitcoin, ethereum, and litecoin.||Buy Bitcoins|