As much as 18 Private universities from Punjab have been stopped from offering admissions in their unapproved programs.
As per a recent report from The News, the Higher Education Department (HED) of Punjab has banned certain faculties in 18 degree awarding institutes from Punjab, asking the universities to stop admissions in them. The move came after certain universities started offering some programs without fulfilling the necessary requirements. HED found these universities operating sub-campuses and offering programs without approvals from the concerned authorities.
Reportedly, these universities have been asked to fullfil these requirements and get their unapproved programs and sub-campuses registered before 26th of September.
The list of universities, which are running certain unapproved programs, is given below:
- University of Management & Technology (UMT), Lahore: School of Architecture and Planning – BS Architecture (Fall only), BS City and Regional Planning, School of Health Sciences: Doctor of Physiotherapy, Doctor of Nutrition Sciences, BS Medical Laboratory Sciences, NS Medical Imaging and Ultrasonography, School of Food and Agricultural Sciences – BS Food Technology, BS Dairy Technology, BS Integrated Agriculture Management. Institute of Aviation Studies – BS Aviation Management, BS Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Technology with EASA part 66 License (B3 and B1.2) affiliated with Germany, Institute of Islamic Banking – BS Islamic Banking and Finance, School of System & Technology.
- University of Central Punjab (UCP): Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences – BS Psychology, MS Psychology, PhD Psychology. Faculty of Sciences – BS Zoology, BS Botany, BS Chemistry, BS Mathematics, BS Physics and BS Statistics. Faculty of Life Sciences – Departments of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Biotechnology and also issue of unauthorized sub-campuses, affiliations and ADP program.
- University of Faisalabad: Faculty of Engineering & Technology, BS Interior Design, BS Engineering Technology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences (Department of Pharmacy), Faculty of Medicine & Allied health sciences, Doctor of Physical Therapy, Doctor of Health and Sports management, Doctor of Forensic Science, Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Optometry, Nutrition & Diabetics, Nursing, Radiology & Ultrasonography, Community Medicine, Pathology, basic Health Sciences and Dental Sciences.
- Global Institute: Department of Technology Management – Bachelors in Civil Technology Management, Bachelors in Electrical Technology Management, Bachelors in Mechanical Technology Management, Bachelors in Electronics Technology Management B.Tech (Hons)—Civil, Electrical, mechanical and Electronics, B.Tech (Pass)—Civil, Electrical, mechanical and Electronics, Department of ICT Management, BS IT Management, BSCS Management, MCS, MIT, MIS
- National College of Business Administration & Economics: Programs in Psychology, Sociology, Islamic Studies, Urdu, History, Political Sciences, Mass Communication, Geography, Law, English, technology & Education and MSc Environmental Management.
- HITEC University, Taxila: Department of Computer Science and Engineering – BS & MS Computer Science.
- Imperial College of Business Studies: Faculty of Health & Allied Sciences – BSc Medical Ultrasound Technology, BS Virology & Immunology, BS Molecular Pathology, Post Professional Doctor of Optometry and Transitional Doctor of Optometry. Art & Design: Bachelor of Architecture, Bachelor of Fine Arts (Painting, Sculpture, Miniature), Bachelor of Fashion Design, Bachelor of Textile Design, Bachelor of Interior Architecture, Bachelor of Product Design and BS English. Faculty of Art, Social Sciences and Humanities – Department of Management Sciences, Economics, Accounting & Finance, English, Urdu, Islamic Studies, Pakistan Studies, Law, Aviation Management, Technology Programs, Media Studies and Biological Sciences programs.
- Hajvery University: Film, TV, Advertising & Media Studies – MSc Media Studies, BSs (Hons); Engineering: BS (Hons) 4-year Electronics/Telecom, BS-Tech (Hons) 4-year in Electrical/Civil and Telecom. Pharmacy – M. Phil leading to PhD Pharmacy, including Specialization Pharmacology-Pharmaceutics. Health Sciences: M. Phil leading to PhD, Physiotherapy and DPT (Doctor of Physiotherapy).
- University of Wah, Wah Cantt: Civil, Chemical and MS Engineering Programmes, all Technology Programmes and Accounting and Finance Programme.
- Institute of Southern Punjab, Multan: Faculty of Social Sciences, Departments of Islamic Studies and Urdu, Faculty of Engineering & Applied Technology, Department of Engineering & Technology, Computer Sciences & Information Technology, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering, International Relations: BA/BSc 2 Years.
- University of Lahore: Faculty of Engineering & Technology, Departments of Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Systems and Technology. Also issue of establishment of Faculty of Law – Institute of Law/Law College. Faculty of Allied Health Sciences: Departments of Health Professional Technologies, Sports Sciences, Nursing, Radiological Sciences and Medical Imaging Technology, Optometry & Vision Sciences, University Institute of Physical Therapy, University Institute of Public Health, Diet & Nutritional Sciences and University Institute of Clinical Lab technology and Doctor of Medical Laboratory Sciences (DLMS), Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry: MBBS and BDS. Also issue of establishment of Faculty of Arts & Architecture: Department of Architecture and School of Creative Arts. Faculty of Pharmacy: Addition of Departments in Faculty of Management Sciences, including Lahore Business School, Lahore School of Management, Lahore School of Aviation ad Lahore School of Accounting & Finance. Issues of sub-campuses in various cities of the Punjab, including Islamabad.
- Superior Colleges: Faculty of Allied Health Sciences: Doctor of Physical Therapy, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Medical Imaging Technology, Optometry, Dietetics and Nutritional Sciences, BS Programmes in Biochemistry & Biotechnology, Microbiology & Biotechnology, Molecular Biology and & Biotechnology. Faculty of Pharmacy (Pharm-D), Faculty of Social Sciences, Arts & Humanities: Masters in Mass Communication Management and BS (Hons) Mass Communication Management. Faculty of Medical, Faculty of Engineering & Technology: BSc Computer Engineering, BS Avionics Engineering, BS Electrical System and BS Engineering Technology, PhD Electrical Engineering, MS Electrical Engineering. Department of Applied Physics: BS Computational Physics, BS Medical Physics, BS Engineering Physics, BS Electronics & Information System.
- NUR International University, Lahore: Faculty of Applied Sciences: BS Applied Psychology, BS Animal Sciences, BS Speech & Language Therapy, BS Medical Lab Technology and Doctor of Physical Therapy. Faculty of Basic Sciences: BS Biotechnology, Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences: BS Economics with specialisation tracks in Development & Economics.
- University of South Asia, Lahore: Faculty of Engineering & Technology – Bachelors of Civil Engineering, Bachelors of Electrical Engineering. Faculty of Life & Health Sciences – Departments of Physiotherapy and Department of Food & Nutrition Sciences. Faculty of Biological Sciences/Life Sciences – Departments of Biotechnology, Biotechnology & Agro Sciences, Microbiology, Environmental Sciences, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Biochemistry and Microbiology. Faculty of Management Sciences – Department of Human Resource. Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences – Departments of Public relations, Musicology, Languages, Language & Literature, English, Urdu and Fashion & Design. Faculty of Art and Fashion Design: Department of Fashion and Design, LLM Programme, Department of Pharmacy.
- Minhaj University, Lahore: Faculty of Engineering and Technology: Department of Chemical Engineering; Faculty of Law, Faculty of Computer Sciences & Information Technology: Department of Software Engineering; Faculty of Commerce and Management Sciences: Department of Islamic Economics Banking & Finance. Faculty of Basic Sciences & Mathematics: Departments of Botany, Zoology, Medical Laboratory Technology, Food & Nutrition; Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities: Departments of International Relations, Mass Communication, Education, Library and Criminal Justice System, Behavioral Sciences, Peace and Counter Terrorism, Religions and Philosophy, Sociology and Applied Psychology.
- Lahore Leads University: BS Software Engineering, BS Islamic Finance, BS Mathematics, MSc Mathematics, MS/MPhil Mathematics, BS Sports Sciences & Physical Education, Master in Sports & Physical Education (16 years), BA. LLB (5 Years), Pharm-D (Collaborative program with UVAS) and all technology program.
- Beaconhouse National University (BNU): BBA program.
- Lahore Garrison University (LGU): Departments of Biology, Zoology, Geography, Statistics, Mass Communication, Islamic Studies, Political Science, International Relations, Education, Home Economics, Management Sciences, Commerce and Economics, Urdu and Computer Sciences and Software Engineering. BS programmes, including Environmental Sciences, Microbiology, Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry and Biotechnology and MS/MPhil programmes in Microbiology and Zoology.
The detailed and most current information about the unapproved programs and campuses can be obtained from the concerned authorities.