One of the most anticipated events of Apple, Worldwide Developer Conference 2018 is all ready to take place today, June 4th at San Jose Convention Center. The event is much awaited not only by Apple enthusiasts but also by developers and technology enthusiasts across the globe. The 2018 edition is expected to pack a number of updates to its mobile, desktop, TV and wearable platforms. We might expect some hardware announcements and improvement updates for Siri and ARKit.
The event will kick off at 10:00 PM, Pakistani time. Here is how you can catch it live.
- Launch this link on Safari on Mac (macOS Sierra 10.12 or later) or Edge on a Windows 10 PC
- The stream may work on Chrome and Firefox if they have “MSE, H.264, and AAC” support
- The link can also be accessed on Safari on an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 10.0 or newer
- On Apple TV (2nd generation or later) with latest tvOS, WWDC can be found in the Apple Events channel.
Here’s what to expect at WWDC 2018?
- iOS12 is expected to be announced today. The new version will be more stable with performance improvements, revamped iBooks experience, a handful of health and parental control features and a tracker to help cut down time spend on a phone.
- Updates of NFC (Near Face Card) functionality in iPhone are also expected that will allow the smartphones to unlock smart locks, hotel rooms, and cars.
- Apple may also launch the much awaited iPhone SE 2 with a 4.2-inch display
- We might see AirPower wireless charging mat for iPhone 8, iPhone X, Apple Watch
- The second generation of AirPods may also be unveiled with better Siri support and a wireless charging case, a Beats speaker may also be announced
- A desktop app might be introduced for Apple News and a revamped Mac App Store.
- Sleep tracking capabilities might be added to Apple Watch.
- Support is expected to invoke Siri with a voice command.
- macOS might get a new dark mode.
Which Apple WWDC 2018 announcement are you looking forward to? Share in comments.