How to preserve image quality while sending it on WhatsApp
The Facebook-owned social media messaging platform, WhatsApp has become one of the most popular mobile application when it comes to sharing images and videos with friends and family. With WhatsApp, you can send countless images to your friends with a mere tap on the phone. But the major drawback of sharing pictures on this app is that the quality of the picture on the receiver’s end does not remain the same as that of the original image.
But you don’t have to worry now, as there are ways through which you can retain the quality of the picture you share with your friends and family on WhatsApp. Follow the following two-methods to preserve the image quality on the app.
Step 1: Rename the picture to (image.doc) and then send,
- Open the file manager in your mobile and locate the particular image you want to share.
- Rename the image file to “image.doc”. Then open the person’s profile or chat you want to send the picture to, and send it to the recipient as an attachment, since the image file has now been converted into a .doc file.
- After sending, ask the recipient to rename the received file again to .jpg format to view it.
Step 2: Compress multiple images into a compressed file
- Compress the whole image folder you want to share using your phone’s file manager or any other compression tool.
- Share the zipped file from mobile’s file manager straightaway or send it to the receiver as an attachment.
- Ask the recipient to decompress the shared folder.
These methods are not only easy for the sender but for the recipient as well, because they do not have to go through the hassle of changing the name of every single image file since you shared all images in a single folder. With this, they only have to rename a single folder without any loss of quality.