If you are an Android user, then you might already know the fact that you have got pretty much freedom over customizing your Android experience. Android users, irrespective of whatever manufacturers they might be on, trim their smartphone experience as per their liking by installing customs ROMs and skins etc. Much greater freedom may, however, only be achieved through rooting.
We have already discussed in detail what Android rooting is, you can follow up with our this article if you’d want to know more about it. Following the introduction, we moved on and covered actual guides on rooting smartphones. Today, we would be telling you about how can you root your Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016).
There are many ways through which you can root your smartphones out. In some cases, you would require a PC and in some cases, you won’t. We will be using PC at one instant while rooting Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
Before proceeding make sure that you have a custom recovery like ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery installed on your Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) before proceeding. If you want us to do a guide on it, mention in the comments below and we would be more than happy to do it for you.
Disclaimer: Rooting your Samsung smartphone will void its manufacturer’s warranty and you may damage your device. In case of any damage in any form while following this tutorial, TJ is not to be held responsible in anyways. Proceed at your own risk.
Although the chances are minimal that you would damage your device or even loose your data, it is always recommended that you do a back-up of the important data on your smartphone.
You can either
- Move data to your PC.
- Samsung also has the functionality of using Samsung Kies to back up the data.
2. Download USB driverS for PC
Download an install the USB drivers on your PC. This will help you to successfully connect your smartphone with your PC.
3. Enable USB debugging mode on your smartphone
In order to enable the USB debugging mode, follow these steps.
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down and find ‘Developer Options’. Tap there
- Enable USB debugging and OEM Unlocking option
The Developer Options is invisible by default. If you can’t see the Developer Options, make it visible by following these steps.
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down till you see “About Device”. Tap there
- Tap on Build Number for 5-7 times to make the Developer Options visible
- Now follow the aforementioned steps to enable USB debugging and OEM Unlocking
4. Download the root package for your smartphone
You will be required to download the root package for your smartphone. You will have to download SuperSU Root file for flashing.
Download the file to your PC and without unzipping, move it to the SD Card root area(it shouldn’t be in any folder). Then disconnect your smartphone from the PC.
5. Open your smartphone in Recovery mode
You can boot your smartphone into the Recovery mode through these steps.
- Switch off your smartphone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Power Button simultaneously.
6. Process on your mobile
Once your smartphone loads in the Recovery Mode do the following steps to flash the zip file you had in the SD card of your smartphone.
- Scroll down using volume buttons to “flash zip from SD card”.
- Press the Power button to select it.
- Press the Power button again to select “choose zip from SD card”.
- Using volume keys again, navigate to the BETA-SuperSU-v2.52.zip file that you have stored in earlier step.
- Select it using the Power button.
- Now confirm the installation on the next screen.
After you would confirm the installation, the installation would start automatically. After the installation completes, navigate back to the main recovery menu. Reboot your smartphone by selecting the “reboot system now“ and your device will reboot automatically into the rooted version. If you would like to confirm, if your device has correctly been rooted or not, check if SuperSU application is present in your application drawer. You will find it, if you have correctly performed all the steps.
Want such a how-to rooting guide of any other phone? Just mention name of the smartphone in the comments section below and we will be more than happy to look into it.