Nabeel Qadeer exits PITB
The long-serving Director of Punjab Information Technology Board, Nabeel A Qadeer, who was managing the entrepreneurial wing at PITB has resigned from his position. Most recently, he was heading youth and digital skills related projects in PITB namely, Plan9, PlanX, TechHub, and e-Rozgaar. His tenure at the government institute started in 2012 and over the years till 2017. He secured better ranks and led different projects with teams of more than 3 dozen people.
There is no information publicly available regarding his future plans but as of now, he is the face of Pakistan’s first business show, Idea Croron Ka, where he is the main idea-man behind the show and on the screen can be seen hosting it.
An official press release, interestingly, rather than talking about his next move is trying to start a rumor mill. The whole press release is attached below,
“Nabeel A. Qadeer, the director or the ex-director now exits Punjab Information Technology Board. While most of us now know him as the face and driving force behind Idea Croron Ka, we are not sure what his future plans include. We are definitely curious to find out what he steps into. We have seen him grow the entrepreneurial ecosystem when people use to laugh at the idea of incubators for startups. In fact, people didn’t even know about startups when Nabeel Qadeer started promoting this notion. One after the other he initiated projects at PITB. Let’s take a look at his 5 years journey at PITB.
- Important milestones achieved:
- Nov 2012 – Laid down the foundation to Plan9
- March 2013 – Initiated Network Partnership Program
- 2014 – Owing to the success of Plan9, he was promoted as the Joint Director at PITB
- 2014 – Initiated PlanX – Tech Accelerator
- 2014 – Started TechHub Connected
- 2014 – Laid down the foundation for WhizKids Program
- 2015 – Project Manager ATX+PAK Exchange Program
- 2015 – Grew TechHub to TechHub Connect
- 2016 – Promoted to Director Entrepreneurship at PITB
- 2016 – Started Herself – an initiative to empower women
- 2016 – Began e-Rozgaar – training centers for freelancers
- 2017 – Secured a $20 million fund between PITB and 1839 Ventures, Austin
We can’t wait to find out what he’s up to once he is out of PITB. Rumour has it that he might start his own entrepreneurial venture apart from driving Idea Croron Ka. However, only time will tell where he goes but we wish him the very best for his future endeavors and hope that he continues to run the show Idea Coron Ka as that was one thing that made entrepreneurship mainstream. We can only imagine something amazing since it’s Nabeel Qadeer we are talking about.”