This is how you can renew your passport online in 16.5 minutes in Pakistan
Here comes the good news for Pakistani citizens. Now you don’t have to stand in a long queue and wait for your turn to apply for the renewal of the Passport. Because the government of Pakistan has launched e-Service portal that is now facilitating people to apply online for the renewal of their passport. This facility is available for Pakistani citizens around the world. The best part is the renewal of passport via e portal service will just take 16.5 mins.
In another case, if your passport has not yet expired and it has seven months or less validity, the applicant can still apply in renewal category. Applicants can apply for the extended validity of the passport i.e. 5/10 years. However, the authorities may conduct the applicant’s interview, for that purpose the applicant has to visit the nearest passport office. Therefore, it is suggested that applicants should select the nearest passport office when to fill the application form.
Requirements for passport renewal:
Before applying for the online application, you must have following documents with you.
1- Supporting documents
2- Photograph up to 5MB captured as explained in the Photograph Tutorial
3- Fingerprint form, filled as explained in the Fingerprint Tutorial
4- Valid Credit Card/Debit Card for online payment of your application fee
Now You can Apply online with these easy steps:
- Click on the “Get Started” button on the website.
- Register your account.
- If you are living in Pakistan, an SMS and email code will be sent to you for registration.
- If you are abroad all required codes will be sent via email only.
- Then you have to create an application for Renewal of your machine-readable passport and have to provide details for your application.
- Provide your address for machine-readable passport delivery.
- Pay Fee through a Credit Card/Debit Card.
- Provide the required personal details.
- Provide your present and permanent addresses.
- Upload your photograph and the supporting documents required by the application.
- Download the form, capture the 4 fingerprints asked by the system.
- Set the scanner at 600 DPI, JPEG/JPG, and Grayscale. Scan and upload the form.
- Review the information you provided, sign the declaration and then submit the application.