Here are our 5 Android O name predictions
Tech company Google is all set to release its new OS Android O. Apart from what’s coming with new OS people have argued about the name of Android O, basically what stands for “O”. Since the company announced new OS, it has been the talk of the town. Many have speculated different names, based on sweets and custards, for it as Google has always named its OS names based on different sweets such as Nougat, Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Lollipop, and Marshmallow etc.
Google is planning to launch new operating system on 21st August, which at first, will ship with pixel phones. However, Android O update will be given to other smartphones as well. Some tech websites are also calling Android O as Android 8.0 as it is the eight generation OS which Google has built.
As different names and suggestions for Android O have been circulating on social media platforms. So, we have also prepared a list regarding the names of Android O.
Read also: These devices will get Android O
Here are our guesses regarding Android’s O names:
- Oreo: Yes! Oreo tops our list as this name has been anticipated and suggested by many across the globe. Oreo, basically a cookie, which consists of two chocolate wafers with a sweet creme filling in between.
- Oatmeal Cookie: The second name in the list is Oatmeal cookie. We have put this name on the list because a tech website after viewing the code of Android O, discovered oc-dev mentioned a bunch of times in the code.
- Ozark Pudding: The “O” in Android O might even be called as Ozark pudding. It is a dry fruit with nut custard often served with ice cream.
- Oliebol: Google’s upcoming OS could be named as Oliebol, it is basically a pastry that’s deep fried, dusted with sugar, and filled with raisins.
- Obbattu: Aside from all the above mentioned internationally made cookies or pastries, this Android O name is based on a desi sweet flatbread named Obbattu, which is popular in the South Indian States of India.
These were few suggestions from our side. However, the list doesn’t end here, there are many other suggestions for the name of Android O such as Ox-tongue Pastry, Ontbijtkoek, Orelletes, Orange, Orbit, Orangina, Otter Pops, Olive, and Oregano etc. Whatever Google names Android O after, it would surely be mouth-watering.
Featured Image Source: TheIndependent