A marketing company Stone Temple Consulting performed a thorough test of the four main virtual assistants that are used most around the world. The four assistants in the test were Google, Siri, Cortana, and Alexa. The results painted a clear picture that the Google Assistant smartphone app is the most efficient virtual assistant ever. Cortana is in second place, Amazon’s Alexa is in third, and Apple’s Siri came out last for efficiency in the same set of tests.
The marketing agency Stone Temple Consulting pit the top four virtual assistants against each other to measure on the basis of two metrics:
- How many questions will the virtual assistants answer?
- How many of those questions will they answer fully and correctly?
The Google’s Assistant smartphone app topped the list on both the metrics from Microsoft’s Cortana, Amazon’s Alexa, and Apple’s Siri in both metrics. To perform the experiment, testers delivered a total of 24,710 queries, which is an incredibly large sample size. Here is an image representing the results of the experiment:
The Top 4 assistants in the world:
- The Google Assistant’s smartphone app answers more questions and also gets more answers right than any other virtual assistant in its class.
- Cortana by Microsoft is comfortably in second place with both sets of results not too far off from Google’s assistant.
- Amazon’s Alexa does a pretty good job of answering questions correctly but it lacks when it comes to attempting answers.
- At last, comes Apple’s Siri which is way behind when it comes to attempting answers, but doing OK when it comes to answering questions correctly.
Stone Temple Consulting also gave out an interesting graph which gives us the number of incorrect responses provided by the assistants in this report and compares it to the similar report it ran last year. Here is an image below:
Seeing this graph you could say that Siri actually did a little worse this year than last, and Amazon’s Alexa did a lot worse. Amongst all four assistants. Microsoft’s Cortana has the lowest rate of incorrect responses comparing the two years performance.
If you want to read the full report from Stone Temple Consulting at its website here is the link.
Which assistant do you use? Let us know in the comments below.