How to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2
The fact that you can trim your usage experience on an Android is never overrated. Essentially, Android is an operating system that provides enough powers to its users which they can utilize. Manufacturers ranging from the Korean giant Samsung to the China-based Huawei, and all others have been editing this operating system for their respective usages. Users can also tune their experience on an Android through rooting their smartphones.
We have already told you about Android rooting. After introducing it in general, we moved on and covered a few Samsung smartphones and told you how to root them. Today, we will be talking about how can you root your Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
There are many ways through which you can root your smartphones. In some cases you would require a PC and in some cases you won’t. We will be rooting Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 by official firmware using ODIN and widely trusted CF Auto-Root tool.
Disclaimer: Rooting your Samsung smartphone will void its manufacturer’s warranty and you may damage your device. In case of any damage in any form while following this tutorial, TJ is not to be held responsible in anyways. Proceed at your own risk.
Before you try to take any development related experience on your smartphone. You should always backup your data. Although the chances are slim that you would loose your data or damage the device, it is recommended.
- Copy all the data from you mobile to your SD card and remove it.
- You can transfer data to your PC.
- Samsung backups can also be done through using Samsung Kies.
2. Download USB drivers for rooting your Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Download the USB drivers on your smartphone and install them. This will help you to successfully connect your smartphone with the PC successfully.
You can use either of the following links.
3. Enable USB debugging mode on your SAmsung Galaxy Note 2
In order to enable USB debugging on your smartphone, follow these steps.
- Go to Settings on your smartphone
- Scroll down and find ‘Developer Options’ and tap there
- Enable USB debugging and OEM Unlocking
4. Download the root package for your Note 2
You will have to download the root package for your device. The root package will include both the Android 4.1.1 ClockWorkMod (a recovery mode) and the Rooting Package in one file.
- Go to this website.
- Download the cwm6-root-n7100-121015.rar file.
- Extract the package and save the file named cwm6-root-n7100.tar. This file when flashed on your device will root it and install ClockworkMod Recovery as well.
After downloading the firmware, you would need to download Odin, a software to flash the file.
- Download the Odin3
- Save the file on your PC and extract it.
Before moving to the next step, please make sure that you have sufficient battery on your smartphone. Also deactivate any anti-virus program in your computer for seamless processing.
5. Open your smartphone in Fastboot/Download mode
Open your smartphone in Fastboot mode through these steps.
- Firstly, make sure that your smartphone is not connected to any PC.
- Switch off your smartphone.
- Press and hold the Volume Down, Home together and then press the Power button till you see ttill you see the Samsung logo or the red and a yellow text.
Now connect your smartphone to your computer using the original USB data cable.
6. Process on your PC
After connecting your device, open the folder where you extracted the Odin.
- Find the Odin3.exe and open it. You will see ‘Added’, and one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow. This might take some time.
- Click on the ‘PDA/AP’ and browse to the file that you have to flash on your phone. This is the CF Auto-Root file downloaded earlier. Select the aforementioned tar file.
- Also check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes, if not already checked.
- Click ‘Start’.
After sometime your phone will reboot automatically. After you see the home screen, you can safely unplug your phone from your PC. Confirm if your device has correctly been rooted or not, by checking for the SuperSU application in your application menu.
Want such a how-to rooting guide of any other phone? Just mention name of the smartphone in the comments section below and we will be more than happy to look into it.
Image — Tablets Magazine
Buy the best tech gadgets under 1000 PKR. Check now