According to the latest stats released by Pakistan Telecommunication Authority, 3G/4G users have crossed the 61 million mark in Pakistan. The total mobile user base has reached 153.98 million according to the latest findings till December 2018. Previously, in November, there were 152.74 million which shows an increase of 1.24 million during the time these stats were recorded.
There has been tremendous growth in the number of subscribers for telecom operators over the last year as more public continues to adopt the latest standards for mobile internet and embraces a digital future. As per findings, currently the top operators have the following subscriber base:
- Jazz 4G: 7.053 million users (6.58 million previously)
- Zong 4G: 9.86 million users (9.32 million previously)
- Telenor 4G: 4.73 million users (4.39 million previously)
As for the 3G subscriber base:
- Jazz 3G: 13.79 million users (14.069 million previously)
- Zong 3G: 8.69 million users (8.66 million previously)
- Telenor 3G: 9.13 million users (9.32 million previously)
- Ufone 3G: 8.339 million users (8.217 million previously)
Telecom operators have seen reasonable growth in the adoption of 4G standards as it can be seen from the above stated figures which shows that their coverage and provision of 4G services is increasing throughout Pakistan. Teledensity or the number of telephone connections for each 100 users in an area increased to 75.15 percent from 74.23 percent in November. Alongside that, broadband users also reached 63,773,916 million by the end of December 2018.