Established in 1998, COMSATS is now one of the biggest Universities in Pakistan with as many as 7 campuses all over the country (the eighth is the virtual one). The university boasts a total of six faculties, 18 Departments and 10 Research Centers overall. HEC Ranked it at 3rd in the General Category, and at 6th in overall universities within Pakistan as ranked by HEC.
CIIT offers around 30 undergraduates courses which include Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Architecture. Comsats is also considered a good choice for Computers and Information Technology and they offer programs in Computers in BS as well as Masters. You can access the full course list via this link.
Technology Programs at COMSATS
- BS / MS/ PhD – Computer Sciences
- BS / MS/ PhD – Computer Engineering
- BS – Electrical (Computer) Engineering
- BS – Electrical (Telecommunication) Engineering
- BS/ MS – Software Engineering
- MS – Information Security
- MS/ PhD – Remote Sensing & GIS
- MS – Nanotechnology
- BS – Telecommunication and Networking
- BS/ MS – Bioinformatics
- BS/ MS/ PhD – Biotechnology
The admission applications close in July while the exam is held in August. Comsats takes the score of the National Aptitude Test.
The per semester fee for Bachelors in COMSATS is Rs.69,000 while for Masters, it is Rs.65,000. The first-semester charges are Rs.91,000 and Rs.87,000 respectively which include the Rs.12,000 admission fee and other one-time charges.
Source: Official Website