You can combine up to 10 photos and videos in one post on Instagram and swipe through to see them all.
“Share your favorite moments of your best friend’s surprise birthday party, from setting up to when they walk through the door. Or create a step-by-step cake recipe that people can always find on your profile.”
Unlike the ephemeral stories which disappear after 24 hours, the multiple photos or videos in a single post will remain there permanently.
How to use this feature?
- Tap the “+” icon that appears at the middle bottom of Instagram.
- Press and hold “Select Multiple” option to upload multiple photos and videos.
- Apply a filter to all photos and videos at once or edit one by one.
- Tap and hold to change the order or remove a photo or video from your selection.
- These posts have a single caption and are square-only for now. You can tag friends in individual photos and videos. They can like and comment on them just like a regular post.
- Blue dots will appear at the bottom whenever there are more than one photo or video. Swipe back and forth to view the entire post.
- On your profile grid, you’ll notice the first photo or video of your post has a little icon, which means there’s more to see.
This update is available for Instagram version 10.9 for iOS in the Apple App Store and for Android on Google Play. Check your app for the latest update to get this feature.