Alibaba Group has announced that it is now taking applications for its eFounder Fellowship program from developing countries including Pakistan.
The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) and Alibaba Business School are inviting applications for eFounder Fellowship program to create and empower 1000 platform builders from developing countries who can leverage Alibaba’s experience in China.
What is eFounders Fellowship?
The eFounders Fellowship is a two-week long course for entrepreneurs in developing countries who are running open, platform-based businesses in the e-commerce, logistics, big data, and tourism spaces. The program will provide first-hand exposure and learning opportunities about e-commerce innovations from China and around the world that enabled growth and created a development model for all.
Participating entrepreneurs will be given the tools to improve their own startups and businesses, but as ‘New Economy’ pioneers participants will be expected to introduce new ways and ideas to approach to commerce in their own markets. UNCTAD and Alibaba believe these entrepreneurs can spread powerful new ideas around the world by creating impactful communities and empowering their fellows.
The fellowship aims to reach the following objectives.
- Identify and select high-potential entrepreneurs who can lead and become builders of a new e-commerce ecosystem in their country;
- Empower the participants to implement the gained knowledge in their home countries and also inspire others to embrace the new economy paradigm;
- Help create a local community of e-commerce champions who can support one another and continue to nurture the development of their ecosystems to ensure a sustainable impact within their markets.
Conditions to apply
Entrepreneurs in the digital and technology space operating open platforms related to:
- eCommerce, Logistics, Fintech, Big Data or Tourism;
Founders or co-founders of an officially registered digital technology venture in one of the following countries:
- Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam;
- Female entrepreneurs are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Under the age of 35 preferred;
Who are the Alumni from Pakistan?
Four e-commerce entrepreneurs from Pakistan recently returned from Alibaba e-Founders Fellowship Program that took place from 24th March to 4th April at the Alibaba Campus in Hang Zhou.
The four e-Founders who made it to the program included:
- Anum Kamran, CEO of Buyon.pk, an online marketplace enabling small to medium-sized businesses in Pakistan
- Furquan Kidwai, CEO of Dawaai.pk & Well.pk online pharmacy network providing doorstep delivery for prescription medicines
- M Komail Naqvi, Co-Founder of FindMyAdventure.PK, a tourism platform that connects local tour providers from Pakistan with international and local travelers
- Hamza Iftikhar, Co-Founder of DealSmash, a mobile app for shoppers providing offers through observing buying patterns of customers
The applications are open until September 2nd, 2018. The program will be scheduled from 9th – 23rd November at Alibaba Xixi campus – Hangzhou, China. The course will consist of a structured series of classroom workshops and lectures, site visits and a business hackathon.
The course tuition, accommodation and meals will be covered for selected candidates, participants will be expected to apply and pay for their visa application and travel to and from Hangzhou, China. A letter of support for a visa request will be provided by UNCTAD to facilitate the visa application process. Once in China, the Alibaba Group will arrange lodging and transportation during the course.
For more queries, please write to email@example.com