Today we will tell you how to root HTC Explorer. HTC Explorer is a pretty low-end smartphone but that doesn’t mean we can’t make it better- right?! The biggest problem faced by its users is the low memory. Low memory means less freedom and you will not be able to enjoy all the awesome apps Play Store has. Pretty much frustrating it is.
So what do to do to get out of this trouble? Rooting your Android Phone is the solution to this problem. Here are some of the benefits you will instantly get after rooting your HTC Explorer or any other Android Phone.
- Freeing up memory – When you install an application on your android device, it is automatically installed in your Phone’s memory. Rooting allows you to move those apps to SD card instead of cluttering your device.
- Running special applications – There are plenty of applications in Google Play that can be run only on a rooted Android Phone e.g Super User is an App that only runs on Rooted Android Phone.This allows you to control which apps have access to the “root” system. Another popular application that “rooting” affords is the ability to tether a computer to your Android phone so that the computer can access the Internet using the phone’s data connection. Another program can allow your Android to be used as a WiFi Hotspot.
- Custom ROM’s-This is the most powerful feature of “rooted” phones. There are hundreds of custom ROM’s that can do anything from speeding up the processing speed of your phone to changing the entire look and feel of your phone.
So you know the benefits of rooting your Device. Let’s get started with the Rooting now.
Disclaimer: The AppJuice will not be responsible if you brick or harm your device while rooting.
Make sure you follow the steps carefully, these are tested and performed countless times by users all over the world – So don’t worry and get started! Rooting HTC phones is simple as compared to other phones. Basically you have to unlock your phone’s boot-loader and then install a recovery. If you get confused don’t feel bad many people get confused. Just ask us if you have a question.
Step 1 – Download Files
I have compiled the necessary files here http://bit.ly/11BUw2w . Click the gear on the top right and select download as a zip. Unzip it and copy the files to C:/fastboot . Also install HTC Sync from here http://bit.ly/17ZNSCc its just for the drivers.
Step 2 – Unlock Bootloader
Unlocking the Bootloader is the most necessary part of rooting HTC Explorer. There is only one way to do this. The method is created by HTC. Just go here and follow these steps they are a bit confusing. They say to download android sdk and copy some files from it but you don’t have to do that because I provided those files in the zip you downloaded earlier.
Go here to unlock your phone’s bootloader: From devices select “All other supported models” http://bit.ly/102WmGS -You have to make an account there too.
Step 3 – Install the Recovery Mode
Note: Disconnect your phone from the PC. In recovery mode you get the option to install Custom ROMS. There are two famous recovery modes The Clock-Work mode and the TWRP mode. I’ve included the TWRP recovery mode in the zip because it has a user-friendly interface and most developers recommend it.
To install the recovery here are the steps:
Turn off the phone and remove the battery and put it back again. Press Volume Down button and Power button together to go to the boot loader.
- In the bootloader use volume up and down button to navigate. Navigate to Fastboot and press power button to select it.
- Connect phone to the PC through USB cable. The phone will give a message ‘Fastboot USB’ then wait for windows to configure the drivers.
- When windows configures the drivers, open command prompt and write the following commands:
- cd c:/fastboot
- fastboot devices
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- fastboot reboot-bootloader
- Restart the phone. This time don’t go to the bootloader, just let the phone boot. Then from the fastboot folder from your PC copy the superuser.zip file and paste it into the sd card.
- Disconnect your phone from the PC. Now again go to the bootloader mode and this time select recovery. The phone will take a few minutes now so don’t panic.
- Once you’re in the recovery mode press install and select the superuser.zip file.
You’re done now 🙂
Now you have successfully rooted your HTC Explorer phone. You can install Custom Roms on your phone now. We will give a detailed article on which Custom Rom suits your device the best stay tuned.
Written by: Talha Masood