Samsung CEO admits they launched Galaxy Fold ‘before it was ready’

By Avatar on
July 2, 2019
  -   Like us now!  
 

If you were wondering that who’s to blame on Galaxy Fold fiasco, well, worry not because the company’s CEO has himself admitted that he’s the one.

Though we still are unaware of the global release date of the unlucky Galaxy Fold, at least we now know that Samsung is “in the process of recovery”, as affirmed by Samsung CEO DJ Koh. He has admitted that the Galaxy Fold’s launch “was embarrassing. I pushed it through before it was ready”, as reported by The Independent.

Koh didn’t explain any further details on why this has happened but has confirmed that they are working to resolve the issues. In addition, seeing what happened to the Galaxy Fold, Huawei has also decided to push back the release of the Mate X by around three months, which was previously expected to come in September. For the uninitiated, Samsung was forced to delay the device’s April launch with no firm release date in sight. And now the Samsung CEO says;

“I do admit I missed something on the foldable phone, but we are in the process of recovery. At the moment, more than 2,000 devices are being tested right now in all aspects. We defined all the issues. Some issues we didn’t even think about, but thanks to our reviewers, mass volume testing is ongoing.

Moreover, Samsung’s leadership is quite confident that the Galaxy Fold has not been canceled and will indeed launch at some point. When inquired about a specific release date of the phone, Koh simply said that “In due course. Give us a bit more time.” Whereas, another company’s executive recently noted that “most” of the Galaxy Fold’s display problems have been resolved, and the phone is ready to hit the market.

Like our stories? Follow our Instagram for pictorial updates.Follow @techjuicepk

 
Wikipedia founder calls for a two-day strike against social media giants over privacy abuses
 
 
 
Huawei intends to launch a 5G version of the Mate 30 despite uncertain market conditions