Samsung Galaxy S9 comes with a dedicated button for launching Bixby. In case Bixby and this dedicated button do not happen to be your cup of tea, you can disable them in a few easy steps.
Samsung has long been criticized for the ‘improper’ placement of its Bixby button. The button, which is placed just below the volume rocker, is often pressed mistakenly by the users as they try to decrease the volume. Moreover, as this is a comparatively newer feature not many users have still been able to make themselves at home with this. In case you happen to be one such user who wants to disable the Bixby button on their smartphone, fret not, as you can do this in very simple steps.
How to disable Bixby button:
As already mentioned, Samsung has placed Bixby button on the left side of the smartphone just below the volume keys so can frequently be pressed by mistake. Here is how you can disable this button.
- Access Bixby Home by swiping to the left-most pane on your home-screen.
- Open Bixby settings using the gear icon given on top right.
- As the settings open, you will get an option to disable the dedicated Bixby button from opening Bixby Home. Toggle that.
How to disable Bixby Voice:
Bixby Voice is another Bixby service that is accessed as the same Bixby button is pressed a bit longer. Although the aforementioned steps work effectively to stop Bixby from opening, Bixby Voice needs to be disabled separately.
- Again, access Bixby Home from the left-most pane on your home-screen.
- Access the “More Options” menu using the three-dot icon given on top right.
- Tap on the Settings option.
- Scroll down until you find an option, “Bixby Voice”.
- Tap on the option to turn the Bixby Voice off.
Disabling the Bixby Home:
The Bixby Home exists on the left-most pane of your smartphone. If you happen to be a complete non-user of Bixby, you can disable that too. Here is how to do that.
- Go to your home-screen settings by long pressing on any empty area on your home-screen.
- Swipe to the left-most pane which features the Bixby Home.
- Press the button given on top to disable the Bixby Home.
So, that was all about it. If you want to use the Bixby button for any other tasks, you can also program it using different applications that are currently available in the market. In case you want to re-enable Bixby on your S9, all of these options can be re-performed in the same manner.